• Total voters

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I like this one the most..

attachment.php

I'd love to be able to draw original cars, but I can only duplicate existing designs.:(

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Im with Flateric, id love to see some influence from the older MKII and MKIII's in a MKV Supra. The sketch Razoe mentioned up above it may just be me, but the side few looking at the windows reminded me of a 67-69 Camaro. Perhaps a low slung spoiler like on the MK3's would be a nice addition as well. Maybe make it more modern. The spoiler in the sketch above looks good. Also pop-up headlights would be sweet but that may be a bit too retro lol. I have some idea on what i thought would be on a MK5 but i wanna see what you come up with. :) keep up the good work.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1597185 said:
Pop up headlights don't pass safety standards, that's why you don't see them anymore ;)

Is that why they're not on any newer cars? Hmm... I kinda figured getting hit by a 3000lb Corolla would be painful enough that I wouldn't really notice the headlights were up. :rolleyes:

That aside, I like the overall ideas on the table here, but there's a reason I don't drive a modern car, they're much too 'appliance' like. Think MR-S or Miata, with heated/cooled Bride/Recaro seats for luxury, and call it a day. Sometimes simple is a good thing, no?

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
i never feel at home in new cars. i think if i bought a brand new car, i wouldnt feel like i 'owned' it for a long time, until the upholstery was worn in, the dash plastics gassed out and dried, and the valve train started ticking slightly, with maybe a lil exhaust leak. then i could call a car home.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I hear you on that one Zambini... I've taken my current Mk3 apart and put it together so many times I can pretty much do it in my sleep now. Things I would have put off for lack of help or time I do in parking lots haha...

So, any new sketches for us? :)

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
yea, im gonna do more though before i upload anything. completely new direction trying to get the classic proportion down.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
well, im too lazy to scan all my sketches right now, but here's the front 3/4 render!

attachment.php

Attachments

• front 34 red ren&#100.jpg
    front 34 red ren&#100.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 95

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
NOW there's room for my 3JZ-GTSE! I like it, looks mean as fuck. I might even be able to say it's just a little more than fuck.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Very nice, very nice... If I had even the slightest bit of criticism about this latest render, it's that I think you've been looking at newer Camaros and their pointed noses a bit too much. :p

Seriously though, that's so minor you shouldn't even worry about it, I like it man, very well done.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
i agree with the camaro part, perhaps smooth it out a little while still keeping the angular shape thats seems to be popular today. Also it seems youve incorporated the MKII/III long grill. I say make the black strip across the bumper a grill. The spoiler from the looks of it seems to be a homage to the MKIII 89+ spoiler raised a little (regulus style) i like it!

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
here's the rear 3/4 render:

attachment.php

click the image of them together at the bottom of the post if you would like to see them next to each other :)

Attachments

• rear 34 red rende.jpg
    rear 34 red rende.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 68
  • both renders..jpg
    both renders..jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
mostly due to the amount of aluminum stock needed to cut rims like that. deeper wheels need to be wider. if a company manufactured deep wheels in 6.5" size, the change in offset due to the lip might place it closer to flush with the outside of the fender! oh noez! a production trajedy..:sarcasm:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Still not feeling it. I was wrong, not a chevy...looks like the front end of an Acura. Not tryin to be a pain, but it's just high and pointy when it should be lower and over it's haunches more like the rest of the car.