master power t-70

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
what about the bolt-on one from hybrid motorsports?
will there be difference in the spooling time and the hp's it will make, incompare to the normal one?

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
jmcboost;883482 said:
So, who has had succsess with ebay Master Power turbos?

master power is not a ebay turbo, there have been plenty of people using them with great results, also jeff from mdc uses there turbos to make his custom bolt on turbos for the 7m. . . do some research and reading before u assume its a ebay turbo.

-sean

Last edited:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I guess we are on a different page?:aigo: I plan on getting a Master Power turbo and buying it off of ebay. So I was asking if there are any drawbacks to buying an "ebay" Master Power turbo. You know, purchasing it on ebay. I did not know if they are any different.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
A true Master Power turbo is a good, quality piece. It doesn't matter where you buy it from, as long as it is a true MP.

The 'ebay turbo' is the 'Super T70' you see for sale for $200 with a 60.5mm compressor wheel.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
were you going to go with the .96 A/R over the .68?

It'll be a bit laggier.... but if you wanted to order the .96 I'll trade you my .68 for it and pay shipping both ways :)

I'm trying to max out my MP T70 and I think that the .68 is restricting me a little bit for that 600+ WHP.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
MasterPower turbo's are not junk by any parameter.

They are however, less expensive than many others. (Not a bad deal if you ask me.)

Having acutually used his "T-70" turbo now, it spools up fine, hits hard, and appears to be a good deal for the money.

I'm looking at swapping out the exhaust housing in the future to a divided .81 from LIPP in stainless, and adding the SP valve.

This would make the turbo spool even faster in theory, and yet flow better on top for more upper end power than the .63, or is it .68 housing that I have now?

The final goal is 600+ on pump gas with 30% toulene added in for a total octane of about 98 for the fuel. The old turbo was quite happy at 18 to 21 psi on pump gas with some toulene added in for safety. (It was fine at 18psi on pump only.)
It was making 420rwhp at 18psi... Never could get the waste gate and controller to cooperate on the dyno to pull 21psi.. but it did it fine on the street. Figure it was high 400hp setup on the 60-1 bolt on T4.

Just boosting 11psi on the waste gate, this T-70 feels stronger than the old 18psi setup, but I have some tuning to do before any boost is added over the 11 that the waste gate will allow for now. (Plan is to run 18 to 21 psi as before, now with more fuel, it should be fine, and not hit boost cut like before where the 550's were into the 1500hz rate.)

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
what other mods did you have when you made 420hp at 18psi? i ask because i was thinking about going with a T70 turbo, however, with my lipp boss 57 trim im currently over 400hp at 20psi... so im not sure it would be worth swapping turbos for... any ideas?

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
ModularTurbo;1230130 said:
If anybody needs specs on the T70 or the new MP T76 let me know.

Also, if anyone has turbos in warranty that have failed and/or need technical assistance please call.

Just got off the phone with Rob. Very helpful and I like the idea of the new t76. I had EXCELLENT luck with the t70.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
I just got off the phone w/ him also... Very helpful person, now i just need to make up my mind. I need 2 of something :1zhelp: LOL!

If you need MASTERPOWER anything im sure he would be willing to help...

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I'm ordering my entire new setup from him. Answered all my questions. Awesome guy....I am getting, turbo,fuel pump, afpr, injetotors, wastegate, standalone, and manifold, all for a great deal...I couldn't be happier

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
I get them directly from the distributor down here in South Florida.
The owner's name is Mike (Mike's Turbo). Alot of us use them.
I've used them and they are in my opinion the best bang for your buck.
Also they are robust turbos so they'll last as long as top name brands.
I put together a 240/1jz with a 63-1 MP and made 413rwhp @ 17 psi and
it spools quick. Can't beat that for $550 turbo.