Mark II Supra outline font, anyone?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ya, ok, so a wee bit of boredom crept in tonight, and I started in on it. :D Edit - now completed, see the bottom of this post for the download link.

Dark&

celicaxx.jpg

SupraMk2Outline4.jpg

This has now been completed. Download and enjoy!

http://idriders.com/Supras/SupraMk2Outline.TTF

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
OMG YAY!

I can't wait until this is done, this is awesome!

I want to give you some help though... bet you thought you only had SUPRA to work off of huh? Well Toyota made a CELICA XX banner sticker for limited edition XXs in 1985, and of course, I have pics for you!

Celica&

limited.jpg

As you can see, the "C" isn't like how you'd think it was.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Also, I think the width of the thicker parts of the letters, such as "B" should be the same thickness as the other part... like this:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

You can see how it's done in the "R" and "P" in Supra

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
And if its the same "bug" I see in the A then you have probably already fixed it, but its supposed to have a rounded corner on that inside part on the right side.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Tanya;894946 said:
Also, I think the width of the thicker parts of the letters, such as "B" should be the same thickness as the other part... like this:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

You can see how it's done in the "R" and "P" in Supra

Agreed. I had it set up that way earlier, but I had to revert a bunch of steps and I forgot to respace the right side.

TopNotch2JZ;894952 said:
And if its the same "bug" I see in the A then you have probably already fixed it, but its supposed to have a rounded corner on that inside part on the right side.

That's the one I was talking about.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Supracentral;895014 said:
You going to make this a TTF?
You bet. Same as the Mk3 one I posted a while back. Be a while yet before it gets to that stage, I need to draw out all the letters & numbers first, then put them one to a page and export each letter to the TTF file.

I'll post updated pictures as I do groups of characters for feedback.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I'd agree, keep the same ones for 1 and 0.

What you have so far looks amazing! I agrwee, the next letters look like they're going to be a bitch. Good luck, lol

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Doesn't look too bad. I just think the right side of the K needs to be expanded a bit more to match the width of the left side.

Also, I believe most of the letters need to be of the same width. The "M" I think needs to be shrunk in a little, "I" and "J" should be the only exception.

Everything else looks great so far!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Tanya;900029 said:
Doesn't look too bad. I just think the right side of the K needs to be expanded a bit more to match the width of the left side.

Also, I believe most of the letters need to be of the same width. The "M" I think needs to be shrunk in a little, "I" and "J" should be the only exception.

Everything else looks great so far!
I tried it with the thin M, it didn't look so hot. I'll post up a picture of the thin one though, you can tell me what you think.