maftpro is working

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lagged said:
the fact that it can take wideband input and maintain a set A/F ratio is extremely cool.

:currently saving up:
Agreed 100%!

I was excited with the Wideband on my new Wolf till I worked out it's just a display and can't actually do anything to the tune based on the WB 02! :(

It can do closed loop on the NB 02 but that only works in a narrow range at cruise!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
IJ. said:
Agreed 100%!

I was excited with the Wideband on my new Wolf till I worked out it's just a display and can't actually do anything to the tune based on the WB 02! :(

It can do closed loop on the NB 02 but that only works in a narrow range at cruise!

whoa....the wolf can't do closed loop all the time?!?!? that sux....

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Awwwwww, but I just changed to the lex, 550's and safc. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait till next year.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
so, this completely solves the problem of tuning during openloop operation that you would have otherwise have had to go standalone to get around?

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I am very interested in this setup.
Why dont someone compile this info into a list which would be easier for those who are not familiar with MAFT-PRO?...example..

MAFT-PRO Unit with harness - $399 +$24

For Speed density:
MAFT-PRO unit with harness + whatever sensors.

And list other options...

Would be a great help...

Cheers,
Roy

Travisimo

I need a job
Apr 9, 2005
Sonoma, California
drjonez said:
why would you go blow through? for $500 you could go MAP and never have AFM problems again...that's the whole point of the MAFTpro.
that's what I mean, MAP in the spot of the 3000 pipe. I've heard people call that blow through MAP, maybe I'm a little confused.
The internet isn't an infallible resource?

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Might as well throw this out since many of us own the ZT2 WB which I believe is not on a linear scale. Will the A/F on the fly tuning work with this or must the input to the unit be linear?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Blue87T(Dan) said:
Might as well throw this out since many of us own the ZT2 WB which I believe is not on a linear scale. Will the A/F on the fly tuning work with this or must the input to the unit be linear?

Linear?

It could be logarythmicl but if i recall the MAFTPro can have the voltage input for afrs. So put that in and regardless if it is exponential, linear, logarithmic. It still should read the appropiate AFR's reading.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Glad to see all the inquiries about this product! I vote for this to become a sticky once we can compile a solid list of info and pictures. Doc Jonze, Keep the info and development coming. And to Bob (fullthrottle) Thanks for bringing your knowledge to the MKIII community.
P.s. My unit arrived at Bailey engineering today for the revision.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Dan; good question. I have the zt-2 also. I didn't know some systems didn't work with it an some did. I'll be watching to see if this is an issue.

I was looking at the wiring diagram. Am I seeing it right? Are none of the wires cut, just tapped?
From the maftpro web site

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
I am thinking that logic might needed to be built in for specific WB units since the signal is coming out of the unit rather than directly from the WB02 sensor. Otherwise why would anyone buy the unit if you could just measure voltage from the WB02 sensor.

The first .pdf you posted might confirm that.

On the fly tuning via a wideband would/should make sure you get maximum power to the ground at the dyno or the track without having to make adjustments. Dial it into 11.9A/F at X%tp or X amount of boost and let the MaftPro do the rest.

I find this interesting and am quite interested to see where it goes, but since my car is good for another month and a half or so before it goes away for the winter I won't doing anything until spring.

The good news is that if you have a lex afm and and an safc, after selling those parts, the net cost would be less than 300.00 to make the transition(sp).

Hopefully, for you, I, and other ZT owners, we can get a definitive answer on my question.

Malloynx, if we are jacking your thread, maybe you can move some of it to a new one since you are a mod.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
drjonez said:
why?

does the MAP ECU control boost?

does the MAP ECU correct for temperature?

does the MAP ECU have a keypad to make quick changes with?

does the MAP ECU have wideband input and control of mixture?

the answer is no on all accounts....

personally i wouldnt want my air/fuel device tuning boost also...unless its standalone which all these piggybacks obviously arent. for some reason it bothers me.

the map ecu does have a IAT sensor that has to be purchased to run without the afm...and uses that in tuning purposes.

the map ecu doesnt have a little keypad but frankly i like that...i like that i can unplug a cable and not have a box sitting there all the time...and plugging a laptop in is easy as hell. not to mention aside from tuning you shouldnt have to mess with it every day all day anyways.

and finally the map ecu DOES use wideband input and log it and will help build maps based on it.... you just need to make the sure the WB is compatable with it...

so like i said before....i still vote mapecu...however obviously the product development is AWESOME...the more options the better IMO so i commend you for helping the development and its a great piece.