maftpro is working

catch2nd

80's toyota lover
Mar 30, 2005
Oldest fair in CT
well I just check my connections, I have the orange wire from the maft going to the yellow (analog 1) of my LC-1 and the purple wire from the maft going to the green (analog ground) of my LC-1

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
for ease, you want to use analog out put 2 and make sue your analog ground is on a good ground.

i had the same problem.

i did notice you could go into the lc-1 and edit the table's to read different but when the power is lost, it resets to factory and you have the same problme. so changing the wiring was just easier for me.

catch2nd

80's toyota lover
Mar 30, 2005
Oldest fair in CT
drjonez said:
what about settings in the MAFT pro?
Check it... set to 1 for the LC-1

pimptrizkit said:
for ease, you want to use analog out put 2 and make sue your analog ground is on a good ground.

i had the same problem.

i did notice you could go into the lc-1 and edit the table's to read different but when the power is lost, it resets to factory and you have the same problme. so changing the wiring was just easier for me.

I called Inovate.... they also said that I need to use the analog 2... going to switch it right now!!

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
I need docs for version 4.63. Anything that defines the new stuff...

I went from 4.4 to 4.63 tonight and have a "reverse" surging problem, like a random loss of power during cruising and a very lopy idle. :3d_frown: If it isn't one thing...

Last edited:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah its an awesome system but def a learning curve. problem is most people are learning at the same time haha.

the newest software release is real promising so that should help atleast the interface side of things.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
tookwik4u89 said:
Maft pro FTW!! Bob, is there any possibility of 2 step rev limit being setup in the future?

figuring on 3 settings..........

1 - launching on the 2-step.
2- shifting with foot-on-floor ("NLTS")
3 - protection for you N2O guys, never hit Fuel Cut with N2O spraying (or alky)

Where would you guys set #2?????

Bob

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Snotcycle said:
i read all 79 pages tonight, all i can say is wow, im so happy i chose the mk3 supra as my first car to mod. what an amazing community of talented individuals. i very much look forward to having money to get crazy with my 91turbo :icon_bigg :icon_bigg including a maftpro,

thank you sir!

Snotcycle said:
Question: How much tuning work is required to get near-stock drivability off boost? how bout on boost? I have never played with any aftermarket car electronics except a turbo timer so i may be on here begging for help in a few months if i get one of these super-duper maftpro's

totally depends on what set up you go with. if you go with speed/density, it does take some fiddling to get it to run/drive like stock (though it should end up BETTER than stock!). this is due to the many variations from car to car.

on boost is much easier as it is merely just getting A/F right, simply a matter of leaning/enriching as needed.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
This is the way I run both my cars,

there is always a lot of debate about "limp" modes when this topic is discussed. My suggestion is to try it and report your findings.

Bob

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i broke a wire on my 02 sensor and was runnin on the precalculated tables that is in the ecu, an the car ran great!, altho it bugged my having a broken wire so i eventualy fixed it..

i did notice though when my wire broke, i was able to control my idle a/f and every where through the rpm/load range.. then myw/b died from being to rich.. ouch..

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
turbobob said:
This is the way I run both my cars,

there is always a lot of debate about "limp" modes when this topic is discussed. My suggestion is to try it and report your findings.

Bob
Im just thinking the limp mode is easier to hijack, when i get this bov problem taken care of i will try it out. Also for some reason i data log, then the file doesnt show up to look at like it used to, im sure i will figure it out. Ive been tuning off data logger in wideband, so limited to T/P, A/F, RPM.

cullen

Nov 25, 2005
socal
i had a problem with the car not starting with the igt(tach) wire connected.
i then moved the white wire to the tach signal on the diagnostic box under the hood. it works great now.
i hope this might help someone else with a similar problem

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
Another Maft pro success...

I just got my car up and running tonight running speed density with a q45 TB and 550cc injectors. I set up the maft pro according to the supra quick setup and it started up and idled first crank and I even went for a test drive around the block on the basic settings alone.

So if i am understanding this correctly, the timing control is still waiting on an XDF file to be fully operational? I updated the firmware to 4.60 which shows the pt tracking, the spark wot and spark aux but when i try to change all the settings using the tunerpro, they go back to 15 no matter what. If i change the values to zero using the translator, and then download them to the tuner pro bin file, they all go to 25. is anyone else having this issue?

Another question I have, are the features such as the auto tune and timing control already "on" or do you have to change a setting to turn those features on. Or are they on when you input a value in the tuner pro fields?

Ryan

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
tookwik4u89 said:
4.63 = timing control, it is out. You need to do additional wiring to use it.

Yea i realize the firmware part is out and I know i need to add the three wires, thats the easy part, i guess was just thinking there was going to be a new tuner pro xdf file to make full use of it, it was this that made me think so from post #711 of this thread:

turbobob said:
... Now, I don't have the XDF, or ADS files ready, but the 4.60 files still work ok for now. ...

so can the timing control be utilized with the tunerpro software on a laptop? or only on the translator unit itself?

I think i need to just play with the tuner pro software a little more and get the hang of it.

Thanks for your help
Ryan

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
right now i would say just on the unit, since the xdf didn't sound done.. or the other file, bu im sure it's just merly adding some boxes and directions .. of some sort.

i have yet to add timming control because i would hate to tamper with an addition i am not fully aware of how it works yet. when i see the software, and what not i'll clip and plug away!