maftpro is working

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Hi Adam, happy new year to you and everyone else here.
Can you please pm me a shipping quote cause I'm ready to purchase the mafrt-pro at last :yumyum: :biglaugh:

turbotony

Mar 31, 2005
vegas
Dr. Jonez,

Im ready to buy. please let me know a price for everything;

-MAFT pro unit: $400
-AIT: $12
-MAP sensor: $70
-9' speed/density harness: $30
-high boost solenoid: $70
-boost solenoid wiring harnes: $25

shipped to 89014.

thanks.

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
If you stick a 2.2k resistor between THA and E2 on the afm connector it will get rid of your code 24 when using the maftpro. I got the idea from a vpc diagram somebody made. Bob had me originally do this at the harness, but this is easier. just figured I would share.:)

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
I believe the new software (4.40) will fix this. The problem is the boot-up delay of the analog output that feeds the air temp input on the ECU. The latest software shortens this delay considerably.

Bob

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
The MAF-T gave me 36HP!:love:

I did have the AVCR+Lex/550 combo but I figured that the MAF-T's A/F tracking would deliver a better tune. The guy that installed it says that he's having problems getting the car to idle down, but that I should have it back this evening. He also said that the car runs alot better with the new setup (crispier idle and such). I'm just really hyped that the thing actually worked so well.

supranaut

Rock'n Death with Spikes
Apr 5, 2005
STL
said that the car runs alot better with the new setup (crispier idle and such).

Idle is better because you no longer use the KV sensor. That thing gives some crazy readings sometimes!

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Man I can't stand all those positive comments :biggrinbo , especially now that I have sorted my order with Adam and I'll soon have the maft-pro in my hands :yelrotflm :D

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
So DRJ, now that you can monitor timing, is there a chance that we'll see timing control in the future? I'll be honest & say that I was skeptical, but I'm impressed. I'll sell my MAFT translator & 3" GM MAF so I can jump ship during my rebuild.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
rakkasan said:
So DRJ, now that you can monitor timing, is there a chance that we'll see timing control in the future? I'll be honest & say that I was skeptical, but I'm impressed. I'll sell my MAFT translator & 3" GM MAF so I can jump ship during my rebuild.

it's certainly possible, but we'll have to see. the things that bob has been able to do with the software are pretty amazing....VERY flexible.

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
drjonez...
seeing how the maftpro cost is around 600+ for the speed/density setup...

is it that much better than getting the regular maft and gm maf sensor together with an safc since that setup would be cheaper and give you good fuel control.

i know there is no logging for timing and a/f's but explain, please, how the maftpro is worth spending the extra money. i can see it eliminates the gm maf, but is a 3" maf really that much of a restriction when placed in the ic piping.

not trying to sound dumb or condascending(sp), just want to play devil's advocate.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Arther3 said:
drjonez...
seeing how the maftpro cost is around 600+ for the speed/density setup...

is it that much better than getting the regular maft and gm maf sensor together with an safc since that setup would be cheaper and give you good fuel control.

i know there is no logging for timing and a/f's but explain, please, how the maftpro is worth spending the extra money. i can see it eliminates the gm maf, but is a 3" maf really that much of a restriction when placed in the ic piping.

not trying to sound dumb or condascending(sp), just want to play devil's advocate.

not sure where you get the $600+, the MAFT pro + speed density stuff:

-MAFT pro unit: $400
-AIT: $12
-MAP sensor: $70
-6' speed/density harness: $25 OR 9' speed/density harness: $30

total: $507 or $512

total cost for a MAFT setup:

-MAFT unit: $200
-MAF sensor: $80

total: $280

the MAFT pro has quite a bit more flexiblity thank the MAFT- better interface, datalogging, ability to add boost control, closed loop A/F control, etc. additionally, if you use a SAFC w/the MAFT, you've got a piggyback piggybacking a piggyback- this can lead to weird issues, etc.

speed density has it's own advantages- no more BOV stalling, no restriction anywhere, car still runs when you blow an IC pipe, etc.

ultimately, it's all up to you- what your needs are, what your budget is, what your goals are.

HTH....

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
well, i just did some final testing of the timing monitor and it looks good. i talked to bob today and he said that software version 4.40 should be released today! that means timing monitor for everyone!

for your viewing pleasure, a video of the timing monitor in action (right click, save as...yes, it's 36M, sorry.).

as more fun, bob and i have a race going- him to get the timing control done, me to get my engine/car rebuilt. first one done wins! ;)

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
drjonez said:
the MAFT pro has quite a bit more flexiblity thank the MAFT- better interface, datalogging, ability to add boost control, closed loop A/F control, etc. additionally, if you use a SAFC w/the MAFT, you've got a piggyback piggybacking a piggyback- this can lead to weird issues, etc.

something i hadnt thought about....i guess i could consider selling my 400$ avcr to offset cost greatly..haha. great job with the timing monitor.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yup. sometimes that old "K.I.S.S." thing can be useful....too many things going on leads to weird problems sometimes...the simpler the setup, the easier it is to find problems, etc.

yup, sell the AVC-R and get the boost control solenoid + harness ($95).

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Arther3 said:
BTW can any certain ait or map sensor be used or do u have to get the ones u sell for it? meaning...can some gm or other production car sensors be used?

while you can try to use any sensor you want, realize the factors are set up for the sensors that i sell. in theory any GM IAT and 3 BAR MAP should work....but practice can be different sometimes....