lowering springs

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
levirolla;1039966 said:
Do they make the ride stiff? Mom rides in the car so I can't do nothing to rough for her.

Do a search for "Springs" or "Lowering Springs", if you haven't already. There are some pretty good threads out there, some with pics too.

But I second H&R's for the drop. I'm planning on getting a set.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
yuck, H&R are the worst choice imho. If you want a semi soft ride for mom forget it. I also do not like the rake that H&R's give. Not low enough in the back and too low in the front. My ST's were a perfect compromise between drop and ride, and they are cheap too.

/.02

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I like the Suspension Techniques (ST) springs a whole lot, it's what i've used in the past. I'm not finding any at the moment for sale anywhere (new), but I've been happy with them. Very stock-like when cruising, get hard when leaned on, plus a nice stance. I recommend them.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
BorHor;1040100 said:
I liked my eibach when I had them. Firmed up the ride a bit but was still very comfy for the street.

^^^
What have you got for springs now? Looks like your slammed down hard.

ST's are pretty good. Eibachs dont drop the car far enough and they're progressivley wound and they feel like it. They feel kinda twitchy and unpredictable when pushed however, if you don't drive it that hard and don't want your car real low they maintain almost stock ride comfort and they're pretty well made.

No matter which spring you run, if you keep the stock shocks with lower, stiffer springs it'll blow 'em out quick.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Eibachs are reasonable and I think one of our vendors can get them for you. It's what I have and happy with them. Still ride nice and a big plus over stock for handling.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
BorHor;1040100 said:
I liked my eibach when I had them. Firmed up the ride a bit but was still very comfy for the street.
+1
They could be lower in the back a bit (though we'll see what will happen if I get some more weight in the trunk)

johnbot123

supra noob
Jun 22, 2007
queens, ny
IMHO, i think springs are best if your not going to be doing any kind of racing(track, motorcross, drift). i had eibachs and the ride was stiffer than stock but still very comfy. i have tein coilovers now and i think they are too harsh for daily driving even on the softest setting. but thats just me.....

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
I plan on getting H&R springs, they have a good racing history, plus I like the drop they give. I am a aggressive driver, so I like to carve corners.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
theWeezL;1039996 said:
yuck, H&R are the worst choice imho. If you want a semi soft ride for mom forget it. I also do not like the rake that H&R's give. Not low enough in the back and too low in the front. My ST's were a perfect compromise between drop and ride, and they are cheap too.

/.02

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
ThirstyMKthrice;1040372 said:
I'm also going to be shopping for some new springs. My front driver side spring snapped. All I need is springs? I won't have to get any other components will I?

if you put lowering springs on stock shocks you will blow them in two shakes of a jackrabbits ass!!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
gaboonviper85;1040440 said:
if you put lowering springs on stock shocks you will blow them in two shakes of a jackrabbits ass!!
Werd. Plus the 20 year old shocks are probably blown by now anyways. So best thing to do is get new shocks while you are at it.