lowering springs

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Another vote for Eibachs. They are not as low as H&R's but they give a nice stance and the ride is still fairly smooth. I push my car pretty hard and have never had a problem with the progressive winding. It took a little getting used to but it's just as predictable now as it was with the stock set up.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
gaboonviper85;1040440 said:
if you put lowering springs on stock shocks you will blow them in two shakes of a jackrabbits ass!!

:rofl:

benchwarmer;1040450 said:
Another vote for Eibachs. They are not as low as H&R's but they give a nice stance and the ride is still fairly smooth. I push my car pretty hard and have never had a problem with the progressive winding. It took a little getting used to but it's just as predictable now as it was with the stock set up.

I woudent vote for h7r's ever. they are so low that they cause problems on speed bumps and driveways. F that.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
My buddy Tim (Speed) has H&R's on his 89. Coincidentally he is now having to replace all the ball joints, tie rod ends and bearings in his front end. Did the springs contribute to that condition? I wouldnt doubt it.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Post #18

ThirstyMKthrice;1040372 said:
I'm also going to be shopping for some new springs. My front driver side spring snapped. All I need is springs? I won't have to get any other components will I?

Post #9

suprabad;1040111 said:
...if you keep the stock shocks with lower, stiffer springs it'll blow 'em out quick.

This makes me wonder how many people read the whole thread.:nono:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I have HR&R springs and i like the drop that they give but it it too much for the front. I want the rear to stay where it is right now. I want to get a set of Eibachs knowing that the front will be soo much better but the rear may goes back up a little. My car is a NA and the pipe before the cat is already getting scrape and I dont want that to happened to my downpipe when I swap out the motor to a 7mgte.