-David

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
IJ. said:
Dave: What's the static timing set at?

Is this under load or free revving?

free revving, note if i turn on the AC the noise will increse untill 1000 rpm is reched then it go's away or if i put the car in gear, mostly it happends when ever the rpms dropto 900 or below

ie, the car is sitting idling i turn the wheels some and the knock gets loud cause of the load of the power steering

also note there is no knock when the car is cold.time

edit: timing is set correctly per tsrm checked it 10 mins ago

Edit edit: when i put the car in gear and drive the sounds dissapears

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
hook up an oil pressure gauge, you might have low pressure at idle. Mine has really low pressure at idle but normal at all other rpms. If i blip the throttle to the floor when its idleing at around 750 rpms i hear a light knock, not sure if thats cause of my oil pressure or what, but ya, put a pressure gauge on it and check the pressure at warm idle

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
CyFi6 said:
hook up an oil pressure gauge, you might have low pressure at idle. Mine has really low pressure at idle but normal at all other rpms. If i blip the throttle to the floor when its idleing at around 750 rpms i hear a light knock, not sure if thats cause of my oil pressure or what, but ya, put a pressure gauge on it and check the pressure at warm idle

i am sure its not oil pressure, as i have a new oil pump that is shimed

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
its not the pump itself that would result in low pressure in most cases, when clearances are made larger (wear) oil pressure (resistance to flow) goes down