Looking to remove ABS

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Well just bought it and set me back 436.40. Good thing the proportioning valve was the same. Other than that engine compartment lines and new master assembly. Not bad and I don't have to worry about sourcing parts from a yard. Looks like I have somemore stuff to take out before the turbo arrives. Thanks for the help guys.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Well the mastercylinder was 300. I don't mind spending the money. I haven't had to get anything from the yard yet. But I would if a good quality part was there. We just don't have any cars local. And I'm not takin my chances on there shipping. Nice find if you got the complete system for that price.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
if you decide to go with a line lock, i like the biondo. it is cheap and works well.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SBR-LL/

installed:

linelockcom.JPG

johnd

Supramania Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
Ont. CA.
I just ordered the master and four of the lines from champion, they said the two from the master to pro valve were discontinued.
Suprised how cheap the lines are, i don't think i can get the fittings localy for that price.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
there was no need to switch the master cylinder. the only difference is where a line outlets from the cylinder. the bore sizes are the same. also you should have gotten a 50 dollar master cylinder from napa anyway

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
supraguru05;1520804 said:
there was no need to switch the master cylinder. the only difference is where a line outlets from the cylinder. the bore sizes are the same. also you should have gotten a 50 dollar master cylinder from napa anyway

Internals are different. Not sure on their exact effect though.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Poodles;1520842 said:
Internals are different. Not sure on their exact effect though.

hmm interesting. my guess would be the internal differences are just for the different port locations, however i dont have a NA master cylinder laying around. I am using the original ABS cylinder on my car without abs and have noticed no ill effects.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
With-ABS and Non-ABS have different Master Cylinders. 1986-1990 and 1991-1992 with-ABS are also different.

That means there are 3 types of master cylinder: 86-92 non-ABS, 87-90 with-ABS and 91-92 with-ABS.

On 86-92 non-ABS and 87-90 with-ABS master cylinders, the front port is for the front brakes and the rear port is for the rear brakes.
On 91-92 with-ABS master cylinders, the front port is for the rear brakes and the rear port is for the front brakes. The front port (rear brakes) is also an "orifice-type" which "reduces idle stroke and improves brake pedal feel."

I know the clutch master changed from cast iron to aluminum for 1991, this may also have been the case for the brake master as well... can't remember anymore.

Jeff

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Jeff Lange;1520907 said:
With-ABS and Non-ABS have different Master Cylinders. 1986-1990 and 1991-1992 with-ABS are also different.

That means there are 3 types of master cylinder: 86-92 non-ABS, 87-90 with-ABS and 91-92 with-ABS.

On 86-92 non-ABS and 87-90 with-ABS master cylinders, the front port is for the front brakes and the rear port is for the rear brakes.
On 91-92 with-ABS master cylinders, the front port is for the rear brakes and the rear port is for the front brakes. The front port (rear brakes) is also an "orifice-type" which "reduces idle stroke and improves brake pedal feel."

I know the clutch master changed from cast iron to aluminum for 1991, this may also have been the case for the brake master as well... can't remember anymore.

Jeff

thanks jeff thats the information that everyone needed.