Looking to remove ABS

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Now I have heard all the bla bla you'll shoot your eye out kid about why not to and I don't care. What Im looking for is some details on the proportioning valve and lines. Anyone who has done it wanna chime in and give me some direction on were you got the parts. As much detail you have, it is appreciated.

If you still feel the need to ask why. I have a th-350 no speed-o and it is going to be used for racing (in a straight line) 90%. Then occasional work and play. Not gonna be a rain friendly car to begin with.

So please any HELPING info again, is appreciated.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Few threads about this already, but Toyota has 95% of the lines still, and they're cheap. I weighed the options, and it was actually cheaper to go the Toyota route.

Go for it, who cares what "they" say :bigthumb:

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Guess Ill be going tomorrow to Toyota. I am assuming the MasterCyl will work. So basically I need lines front rear (unless I can move the line from the rear over), and the proportioning valve. Guess now would be a good time to do a line-lock as well.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Master cyl is different too. There are a few of these here in the salvage yard. I might be able to locate a proportioning valve. Would go new master cyl.

When I did mine, I bought the brake lines in engine bay new from dealer. They arent that pricey.

Rich

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I have a master from a non-ABS car. PM me

If you are going to buy the lines from Toyota, go with Champion Toyota. They always beat the local dealer prices.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
gurley0916;1519765 said:
Simple go to junk yard and get the brake lines out of a NA supra as they dont have ABS...thats what I did.

Uh, what? That is a blanket statement implying that all NA's came from factory without ABS.

Although my car did come this way, I have a friend with an 87 NA that does have ABS.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Moy;1520022 said:
Uh, what? That is a blanket statement implying that all NA's came from factory without ABS.

Although my car did come this way, I have a friend with an 87 NA that does have ABS.

Actually, the cars without ABS are somewhat rare, as I understand it. Most of the NA cars came with it.

Not that that means you won't be able to find one, but don't expect it to be in the first shell you open up...

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Yea I'm looking to cut weight. I know it's not much but also it will open up somemore room. Initially I was gonna keep the ac but I plan on stripping that as well. We had 3 cars local at the yard but that was about a year ago. Guess I price a master, proportioning valve, and some engine bay lines.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
call me an idiot.....but what the hell is a proportioning valve? I don't work too much in the brakes department. I was thinking about doing the same thing with my GT Limited as well. I won't be using it as a daily once I get it home to the US. Plus it will never see rain or snow again so I don't see a point in having the ABS anyways.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's the valve that sets how much braking you get from the front wheels vs the rear wheels. If you simply run it at 50:50, the rear wheels will lock up long before the fronts do, which is not a good thing.

Ideally, you want all 4 wheels to lock up at the same time. Well, actually, you want them all to *not* lock up, but you get the idea.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
and this part is located where? sorry for the dumb question but like I said I don't deal much with the stopping area...just the getting fast area.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
And that not a problem as long as you got plenty of room. It is located under the mastercylinder. The brake lines go to this from the master then to the caliper.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Those are prices for the brake master cylinder, proportioning valve, and all brake lines in the attachment in my previous post

All for non-abs car.

Exclude the freight