Look At This!!!!!!

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
tekdeus;952846 said:
It's an eBay store selling those, and he says free local pickup in San Diego, so someone local should at least go look at it and test fitment for the community. The ad says the targa will accept all stock trim.

I already emailed them. I was gonna go to San Diego to test fit it. They don't have them in stock. You have to buy it first, then they'll make it. So...I ended up not going to San Diego. I wouldn't buy anything that expensive until I see the fitment.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
supraman7mgte;952802 said:
Seriously,the stock top is cumbersome and a pain to get removed by yourself

Not really... I'm just on 5 foot, and have no issues at all getting it on and off on my own...

In regards to this targa, I'm with the others that say no pics = no sale... No way would I fork out the money for something like that without seeing as many pics as possible.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Rusty targa top? If you've got rust problems up there, you've got more serious problems with rust pretty much everywhere else.

I'd love to see someone do one of these out of plexi, that would be awesome. Tinted enough that you can still see out easily enough, but it cuts the sun... wouldn't be any worse than driving with the targa off, anyway.

Of course, this is all theoretical for me, mine is a hardtop... :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
LilMissMkIII;953081 said:
Not really... I'm just on 5 foot, and have no issues at all getting it on and off on my own...

In regards to this targa, I'm with the others that say no pics = no sale... No way would I fork out the money for something like that without seeing as many pics as possible.
You're only 5 feet high? How do you drive with the periscope? ;)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Lol, shush you!

Thank god for the electric seats! When I get in after the bf has been driving, i need to move the seat forward nearly a foot so I can even reach the pedals :)

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
figgie;952737 said:
They won't do that.

Remember the targa top is part of the structure of the car. IE when you rememove it, the car flexes. To make the CF be able to do that requires that it be layered on THICK. In other words any weight savings go right out the door on structural integrity parts.

No most likely they would use honeycomb. Most parts that are structural and made of carbon have about 5 layers of carbon then honeycomb and then 5 or so more layers. The honeycomb is very little and extremely strong. Still I think it would flex more then you would like, now if it was designed so it fit over an X-brace and when you removed it the X-brace stayed that would be wicked!

Seth

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
After all the layers of CF and honey comb like what he said^^^ plus all the trims then the weight would most likely be the same as the stock targa.

Im 5'5 only:icon_bigg and removing the targa/ putting it back on by myself is not hard at all.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
GrimJack;953085 said:
You're only 5 feet high? How do you drive with the periscope? ;)

i invisioned phone books on the seat with 2X4 blocks on the pedals
Nah,the only reason i say its a pain is my lower back is kinda screwed,1 wrong move and i might be out for the count

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
someone left feedback for this piece on there, they said it was good, you can check it out yourself, it's not to far down the list

he also says... "Your 100% Satisfaction is GUARANTEED, send it back for a full refund." , in one of the feedback comments it does anyway

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
froubaby;952538 said:
If the car were black I'd go with the CF targa, but CF targa on red.... too ricey for me. I'm still questioning a CF hood against red. Not too sure. :( I do however love the idea that the product is out there. :)

or you could just paint it...

ed.d.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
if someone can get me the number (work computer wont let me get on ebay) ill get in contact with the guy and try to get a test piece. ill then get back with you guys with some pics.

ed.d.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
shhhhhh this was a secret, I wanted to be the first...

Can't afford it till after TX2K8 though, but the stock targa without the trim weighs a HELL of a lot still (yes mine has been totally apart).

ANY weight off the top of the car is a good thing, that's why they use aluminum roofs on the Evo's...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
sethron71;953089 said:
No most likely they would use honeycomb. Most parts that are structural and made of carbon have about 5 layers of carbon then honeycomb and then 5 or so more layers. The honeycomb is very little and extremely strong. Still I think it would flex more then you would like, now if it was designed so it fit over an X-brace and when you removed it the X-brace stayed that would be wicked!

Seth

at that price. I highly doubt it.

Honey comb itself is that price in QUANTITIES. That is the reason you never see a honeycomb infrastructure on parts for these cars. They just layer it thick. I know honey comb undermesh as we used it extensively on the B-2.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
figgie;953818 said:
at that price. I highly doubt it.

Honey comb itself is that price in QUANTITIES. That is the reason you never see a honeycomb infrastructure on parts for these cars. They just layer it thick. I know honey comb undermesh as we used it extensively on the B-2.

Yea good call! Our carbon shop talked about making aftermarket parts for street cars but to do it all proper it is impossible to make any money or even cover materials at the prices they are going on ebay!

Seth

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
GrimJack;953083 said:
Rusty targa top? If you've got rust problems up there, you've got more serious problems with rust pretty much everywhere else.

Not true, mine is rusting and my car is not bad body wise. Then again, i am in Salt Heaven...

qu3tzlgum8y

Jan 5, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, California
I'm actually going to be making these as well, most likely starting early next month. I will do it first on my car so that you guys can see what it looks like and how it fits. I can also do it in many different colors: black, blue and black, white, silver, yellow, yellow and black, and red carbon fiber to match the car.