Look At This!!!!!!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-5...009QQitemZ190204388999QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Anyone seen this before? "look" well made, price doesn't seem too bad if the piece is really worth it. Meaning well made, bolt in the same location, does't produce leak, and strong as or more than the stock targa. It starts at bidding price but wasn't some one tried to have a BG for CF targa but nothing really happened and the price was around 600. Someone got a head of us already:icon_surp .

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah, I saw that. Would be nice if it bolts in like stock, and accepts the side seals/ inner liner like stock.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
I dont see no rice in that ;) As long as it does its function - lowers weight (especially vertical weight center = lower weight center) and also the most important NO RUST! :)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
shedding weight off the top of the car is a great idea....

but they didnt even show the under neath of the targa, so i would be very sketchy on buying that, i would want to see more pics of send somebody who lives in san diego to go and check it out.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I dont think you'll be saving any weight.. The stock one isn't very heavy, maybe 15 lbs with interior pannels.. you'll be getting it for the bling

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
tissimo;952501 said:
I dont think you'll be saving any weight.. The stock one isn't very heavy, maybe 15 lbs with interior pannels.. you'll be getting it for the bling

A voice of reason

you will not save ANY weight vs. the stock one especially if you put on all the trim back on. Another cash burner (CF Targa).

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Yea I saw this too. This was before I bought my 92' Targa last week. If mine had a damaged targa I would probably seriously consider it as it would be tastefull on a black car plus I wouldn't have to paint match a new targa. But mine is pretty much perfect so the money is much better spent on HORSEPOWER!

Seth

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
This cf targa would only works on certain supra I guess ( color wise). I'm not going to buy this pieace, just put it out here so you guys can see it and i have no reason to. My car is not fast enough lol. It will be nice if the seller states how heavy it is and have more pictures then it may sell faster. But it is a nice peice nontheless

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
akito;952710 said:
This cf targa would only works on certain supra I guess ( color wise). I'm not going to buy this pieace, just put it out here so you guys can see it and i have no reason to. My car is not fast enough lol. It will be nice if the seller states how heavy it is and have more pictures then it may sell faster. But it is a nice peice nontheless

They won't do that.

Remember the targa top is part of the structure of the car. IE when you rememove it, the car flexes. To make the CF be able to do that requires that it be layered on THICK. In other words any weight savings go right out the door on structural integrity parts.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Ricey? Just get some CF gas door flaps,hood,headlight covers and that top,and you would be the shit!
Seriously,the stock top is cumbersome and a pain to get removed by yourself,it would be a nice item tho. Just depends on how well it's made,and how well it connects to the car.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
It's an eBay store selling those, and he says free local pickup in San Diego, so someone local should at least go look at it and test fitment for the community. The ad says the targa will accept all stock trim.