lexus 2jz?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Sounds like you want to just plug and play. No. It's not like dropping in a replacement like-for-like engine - the M and JZ series are different, totally. You'd need a custom harness made up to mate the 2JZ electronics & ECU to the body electrics. Regardless of the type of 2JZ it is - physically, it'll fit, with the right mounts & crossmember (you need an 89+ crossmember with round mounts to fit a JZ) but obviously you'll need supporting mods...like fuel pump, transmission bellhousing etc.

suprashane

Aug 14, 2011
Colorado
i know its not plug and play, i wanna know if the auto ecu will work with a manual tranny, and if it will start( not drive) without wiring it into the chassis.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
No. You need to be connected to the body harness to get it to start - some things for the Fuel Injection system run through the dashboard. And the Auto ECU will work with it, as long as you jump the neutral start switch.

suprashane

Aug 14, 2011
Colorado
lets hope *crosses fingers* btw i just bought the complete engine today with wiring harness and ecu for $500, but ihad no tow truck so i had to use my passenger seat to take it home :p