Late-89 7mge to 7mgte Wiring Q's

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Going about my swap everything going pretty solid. Engine head rebuilt, all back to together, new clutch and trans in and bolted up. I'm just going over wiring to make sure I have no big deals. I've noticed 2 wires cut on the 7mgte wiring harness, one goes to the 'c1' male connector as I've read. the 6th pin is cut out. I've looked at my car's female connector it does not have a 5th pin but has a 6th pin. (iirc) Pics below. Should I plug in as is? Should I soldier a new wire on the blue white stripe and reconnect? Or should I take my 7mge's c1 connector and replace the 7mgte's c1 connector and connect it?

IMAG0496[1].jpg
IMAG0497[1].jpg

Next wiring question... The 3rd sensor on the bottom of the thermo housing's connector is cut off. I'm reading that it's the sensor that tells the aux fans when to turn on? Should I worry about this and buy a new connector for it?

IMAG0498[1].jpg I guess it's kind of hard to see in the picture cause the blue tabe is covering it but it's just a bare wire behind it.

Also misc question here anyone have a decent diagram of how the oil lines run? I've found diagrams of vacuum and coolant hoses.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There is only 5 wires on the c1 connector.

For the connector depends which sensor it goes too. Might just needs a spade terminal.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
So was I not holding the c1 connector in the picture? It connects to a connector that runs under the fuse box. I'm not sure what I should do with it.

Illl try to clarify... My body c1 connector has wires through 1-5. Pin 6 has no wire. 7mgte harness has pin 1-4, 5th there is no wire, and the 6th is cut. My 7mge harness has 1-5 and no 6th wire.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
More questions...

Looking at a picture it looks like there's a big female plug that comes right out next to the diagnosis piece, and that's ignitor resistance plug. On my 7mge harness it has no such plug as it's a rotor. There is a plug on my body that is a square:

IMAG0506[1].jpg

And here is the plug on the harness:

IMAG0507[1].jpg

Also, what I've seen is the plug for the manual trans reverse light is way too short as this harness was used on an auto. Should I just extend the wire to my trans plug?

Also another random question I'm just completely missing one of the VSV's on the bottom intake side of the block, as well as that canister but it was on my 7mge. Should I just plug these lines?

Also random progression picture of where I am at :D

IMAG0504[1].jpg

(I'm aware those are the wrong cam covers just a placeholder until I pick up my painted ones)

Attachments

• IMAG0496[1].jpg
    IMAG0496[1].jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0493[1].jpg
    IMAG0493[1].jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 11

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Jk sorry for all the dumb posts I think I just answered my own question because that round thing plugs into the boost sensor which I don't have anyways. Buut Ill have to figure out what that plug is next to my fuse box on the body.

jaxtaterror

Mar 21, 2007
jacksonville, fl
Did you figure out what the mystery plug near the fuse box was? I can't remember if I had it plugged in when I last removed the engine. My wiring harness yellow plug that looks very similar does not fit to the body's grey plug, and I can't remember if I had it unplugged or I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Don

MkiiiAllDay

Jul 19, 2013
orange, CA
The bottom plug on the Tstat housing is ac related and that cut wire is ac too, the circular plug might be for ac too, I'll take a look at my dad's car later to maybe help you out

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The round gray plug is prolly for injector resistor.

The 5 pin connector under fuse box does not go to anything.

The first pic at the very bottom in the attachments is the c1 connector.