Lambo doors on an MK3 with targa

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
MK3_Turbo;1511781 said:
Lambo doors on any car other than a REAL Lambo = NO, NO!

Rice is meant for eating, not your car. :)

I've seen them on a Mk IV, and they actually do look really nice. It takes a lot of time and money to get that result, money I would rather spend elsewhere. But there are cars besides Lambos that can pull of Lambo doors. Having said that, the Mk III is not one of those cars.
-AM3

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Another MkIII;1511755 said:
But that's why he has a Targa. lol

And it all depends on how nicely they are installed. I have seen really bad Lambo doors done cheap. I have seen ones that looked like they came from the factory, and the labor on those was more than the car.
-AM3

And I go right back to the point that the doors are stress members on a targa car.

Eamon

Feb 3, 2010
USA
IMO Lambo doors would look really gay on a MkIII, why not spend the money elsewhere like on a decent set of rims/tires?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
turbo87targa;1511432 said:
Why not save the money and park further?

I'd be more concerned about the incompetent ppl who park so close hitting your car...that's why I always aim for the farthest spot (or very open area) preferably with a curb on one side or more.

Yea, the only way this would work is if you park next to people who also have scissor doors lol.
I also vote no. Put it towards touch up paint.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
IJ.;1511257 said:
25561d1206630420-lambo-door-question-please-help-lambo.jpg

That's my ex-girlfriend's ex-boyfriend's lambo! (say that 3 times fast) LMAO She found that hilarious when he told her it was him. He traded it for a Viper lol

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
I like the MK4 rims with the Nitto 555's on em but yeah new rims might look nice. I guess I'll leave it at this...if i can find a set of GullCuore assemblies cheaper than $2000 I'll buy em and have em bolted on if not it stays stock. But you got to admit the MK3 looks damn sweet with them on check it out...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/2jza70/m1502.jpg
Now if that doesn't light a fire under ya your woods wet.
And imo anything looks good on the Supra. I even liked that yellow suprarosa or testaropra or whatever the hell it was called.
But that light blue with the Lambo doors ROCKS.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Props to BrandonB for an excellent job. :bigthumb:

The GT Factory Diablo Elite lambo door kit looks awesome. :drool:

He did an amazing job and it wasn't easy.

Pics are in the link in the sig.

Oh and all you haters and naysayers...:rofl:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
IJ.;1511257 said:

LMAO That's my ex-gf's ex-boyfriend in the lambo! Never thought I'd see that one again.... lol

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

BTW if you like them, then good on you! They look pretty clean.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
muy hermosa dude. I love black but I settled for midnight blue mica metallic.

I really like that wide body look you have too.

Great job.

JCFsupraman

May 12, 2005
Cold North
Thanks. Yeah I had it lowered once before and ended up almost writing it off from a minor fender bender which I was told had it not been lowered I could have done alot less damage to mine. So live and learn. Besides with all the speed bumps around and crap turning up in the roads falling off trucks or kids throwing it out for cars to run over I feel safer staying stock height. I gave the lowering springs away but I kept the struts since they were an upgrade anyway.