KYANA Supras 2K9 Meet Nov 7th-8th

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
haha, you want a ride i'll find one of these Anderson hallway chicks for that matt speaks of..lol Anyway i got 110 octane in the car, turned up the boost alittle more and it feels amazing :D.. one problem though,, for some reason my boost controller wont let me boost over 19-20psi :( not sure whats going on with that.. i have a feeling i have a boost leak somewhere, probably my stupid ebay BOV leaking out boost. That or my wastegate just cant hold anymore.

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
suprafanatic;1422495 said:
haha, you want a ride i'll find one of these Anderson hallway chicks for that matt speaks of..lol Anyway i got 110 octane in the car, turned up the boost alittle more and it feels amazing :D.. one problem though,, for some reason my boost controller wont let me boost over 19-20psi :( not sure whats going on with that.. i have a feeling i have a boost leak somewhere, probably my stupid ebay BOV leaking out boost. That or my wastegate just cant hold anymore.

electronic boost controllers control boost by whatever your preload is, preload is your wastegate spring, get a bigger spring/preload and it will control more.
my wastegate is adjustable and i can turn the preload bolt up and down

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
speedgilligan;1418647 said:
hell, maybe ill convince kyle (supraguru05) to drag his road race car out for one last romp before the winter break-down...

I hope you do.. I don't think he has ever made a meet. Tell him if he does we will follow his progress & come to watch his SCCA events. :icon_bigg

Ok updated the Attendence list. Looks like we are going to have a nice turn out.

So far there are only Myself,Fuzz, MKIISupraman18,& armyastro that have steped up for Dyno runs. We need 10 at least to prepay & dyno for this event to happen. If we get more that decide to dyno the diffrence will be refunded to those 10.

speedgilligan

UL Mechanical Engineering
Jul 2, 2009
Louisville, KY
well, i dont think i can dyno still, money is tighter than a 2 year-old when building a car....ill try to prod kyle into going...FYI, he will be much more interested in going if some local people show up to our FSAE car show on the 17th (see the thread I created and www.louisvillefsae.org for details!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Sparks have flown......

this time... the GOOD kind.

But my effing battery is dead... 12v just isn't charging fast enough! ARGH!

So...
Fuel-Check
Spark-Check
Air-Check

All I'm missing is motion... I will update for those that care when I know something.

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
speedgilligan;1425490 said:
this is correct, and what i was trying to explain :(

looks like US-60 is the only option...

it is alittle farther drive but if you have a "fast" car then you can make all the runs you want without fear of being kicked out

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
armyastro;1425516 said:
it is alittle farther drive but if you have a "fast" car then you can make all the runs you want without fear of being kicked out

I'm in hardinsburg ALOT and never knnew were us-60 was, finally seen it last time, who would have thought it was in the middle of town lol

May be farther, but it would be a fun little drive with a pack of supras

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
supraman502;1425476 said:
hey steve, I heard that the valley closes for the season after this sat?......

I' m not concerned in the least. Plenty of other/better options for dragracing. However looks like the Dyno is falling apart because lack of participation. Im scrambling to find another option now to at least have a place to host a show N Shine on Sunday.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
speedgilligan;1425490 said:
this is correct, and what i was trying to explain :(

looks like US-60 is the only option...

if this is an only option, how long is that going to go on? It's starting to look like i might not make it till late saturday :3d_frown:

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
Steve_N;1425535 said:
I' m not concerned in the least. Plenty of other/better options for dragracing. However looks like the Dyno is falling apart because lack of participation. Im scrambling to find another option now to at least have a place to host a show N Shine on Sunday.

well I got my vpc, so I'll be dyno'ing if its an option, can pre pay if need be

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Well we need at least 10 to pre pay & Dyno to make it happen. So far we have 3 for sure incl you & myself. Thats why I'm coming up with a plan B. I will know about a week before the meet to give everyone plenty of notice. 90&#37; of the success of a meet is in the planning.

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
Steve_N;1425544 said:
Well we need at least 10 to pre pay & Dyno to make it happen. So far we have 3 for sure incl you & myself. Thats why I'm coming up with a plan B. I will know about a week before the meet to give everyone plenty of notice. 90% of the success of a meet is in the planning.

kurt said he wants to dyno and travis with the turbo probe wants to, so thats 5