ksport or stance?

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
10secdream;1509352 said:
PS I have been using Stance coilovers for over 2 summers now and they are rock solid.
I guess it all depends on what rims you have on the car, I got 19's and they go plenty low enough for me. I Think I need to get the fender well rolled to get that nice look. The front will rub if you hit a big bump though.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
i dont want to slam my car im looking for a reasonable drop that aids handling not too sure if im still getting coilovers or if im going the tokico blue+h&r spring route. both options seem to do well on the mkiii from the feedback i've received from this thread either way it seems i will be impressed with the results. i like the adjustablillty of coilovers though...:dunno:

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
10secdream;1510492 said:
I am only on 17's so that is the big difference. If I was to do it all over again I would just do Ground Controls with Koni shocks and a nice linear spring.

y konis and not tokicos or blistens..? im in the market for tokicos thats y im asking

kcheng

mkii 7mgte
Nov 22, 2005
bby, bc
10secdream;1510492 said:
I am only on 17's so that is the big difference. If I was to do it all over again I would just do Ground Controls with Koni shocks and a nice linear spring.

i'll take the stance off of you if you want lol

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
update: i went with tokico blues and h&r springs just ordered them today along with some bridgestone re-11's should be sticking like glue

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
well i ordered the suspension i was going to order the tires today. do any experience with bf g-force T/A KD's? tire rack has them on close out because the new ones are out and they are half the price of the potenza's which would leave me a bit more money to spend elsewhere.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
the KDWs are a really good tire how about you post up a link to the exact tire you are looking at.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
That is a good all around tire and a good price. It should have really good tread life and good wet grip. Also its a lot cheaper than the RE11.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
UPDATE I have installed every thing and couldn't be happier about my set up so much grip and control very responsive, no understeer very little oversteer unless i purposely kick the backend out, looking forward to track/autox in the coming months. Thanks to everyone for the input.

p1543271_1.jpg

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Well I discovered that the Stance come stock with 14k springs up front and they are not stiff enough for autocross racing. I ordered some 17k from MVP and still waiting. I have another race next weekend so I was hoping to get these new springs in and give it whirl. I also dyno'd the car today and on a mustang dyno I am putting down 300 to the wheels. Not bad but was hoping for more (aren't we all LOL)

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
300whp and the suspension mods you have should make get you some pretty impressive times in autox. i have a few issues to work out yet before i run my car but im getting real excited to put this thing to work

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Been on stance for over a year and they are solid. Great adjust-ability and ride quality for street, dont know about track as I have not tracked the car.
As for installation, no grinding or anything was needed, just take off the old and slip on the Stance units.

4471352183_70bf84da3a_b.jpg

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
I have stance coilovers and like the alot
I am afraind of kuhmo Tires after the spt was complete crap
The new RT-615k is an awsome tire from what I have heard