ksport or stance?

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
i'm looking into some coilovers for my mkiii. horsepowerfreaks.com has a huge sale on k sports. a friend of mine has them on his probe and it made his car handle like a beast i was pretty much sold... until i've heard quite a bit of negative feedback of the supra application. I'm not picky about ride quality but I am about performance. I will be doing alot of auto x and a few track days this summer so I need something that will work.

I was looking into the stance GR+ coilovers because they are in my price range but haven't found much info on them.

If anyone has either of these on their mkiii can you please give me some feedback as the sale ends on the 31st so i have to order soon.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I don't have any actual experience with either, but from reading other people's experience, the Stance coilovers are supposed to be very good. The dampening and quality is supposed to be better than most of the others in the same price range.
If it were my choice, I would go with the Stance.

kcheng

mkii 7mgte
Nov 22, 2005
bby, bc
SupraRzTT;1476269 said:
lol @ comparing ksport with stance

AGREED.

I have stance on mine and they ride great for the street and go way low. They are behind their products 100%. Also they got one beefy piston with inverted monotube shock. Most people on here have megans because they dont have the connections to get the stance close to megan pricing. If you know the right person...lets just say you can get the pricing very very close to the 900usd shipped the megans are.
Buddies of mine on megan and ksports...every single one of them has blown one of the shocks already. I dont know if you like to deal with taking out suspension, installing it again, and dealing with downtime?

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
From what I have read and heard the Stance are the better coilover. I will eventually be putting some on my ride and then see if the Eibach stiff springs I have on now will fit. As long as the I.D is 2.5" then they should work just fine. I like the mulitiple adjustments the stance has as well

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Arent the Stance spring rates too high in the rear in comparison to the fronts?

Just to add, I run Megan Tracks for over a year and none have blown.

Just my opinion but from what I have read all the asian coilovers are pretty much the same as far as adjustments and design go so choose one which has spring rates that appeal to you.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
kcheng;1476272 said:
AGREED.

I have stance on mine and they ride great for the street and go way low. They are behind their products 100%. Also they got one beefy piston with inverted monotube shock. Most people on here have megans because they dont have the connections to get the stance close to megan pricing. If you know the right person...lets just say you can get the pricing very very close to the 900usd shipped the megans are.
Buddies of mine on megan and ksports...every single one of them has blown one of the shocks already. I dont know if you like to deal with taking out suspension, installing it again, and dealing with downtime?

i know better then to buy megan. i thought k sports were more of a high end product but i could be wrong? my friend who has them on his probe has yet to have a problem he's had them for a year and bought them used, but like i said i wanted information on the supra's application. I really appreciate the feedback though, stance sounds legit and that's what i wanted to hear from someone who has them.

kcheng

mkii 7mgte
Nov 22, 2005
bby, bc
blk92suprat;1476441 said:
Just to add, I run Megan Tracks for over a year and none have blown.

Just my opinion but from what I have read all the asian coilovers are pretty much the same as far as adjustments and design go so choose one which has spring rates that appeal to you.

Thats good that yours havent blown yet.

Its obvious that STANCE is not the same in adjustments and design to the megan or ksports. I dont think your generalization is right regarding "asian" coilovers.

also remember that going with stance you have the ability to go +/- 2k with the dampeners still doing their job. unfortunately the amount of people with stance are in the minorities among the mk3 crowd, but you find that whoever you find with them speak highly of them.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Take it from someone who has purchased K-Sports.

I bought K-Sports for my 2004 Sentra SE-R Spec V back before I learned not to heavily mod and race your daily driver. The K-Sports were the new hotness in the SE-R world and everyone was grabbing them up.

The rear shocks (and probably most of the fronts) are completely blown out and now I absolutely HATE driving the car. The car is such a great little dd and it completely ruins the whole thing for me.

This issue is known by basically everyone, and luckily K-Sport will graciously let you ship your coilovers back to them and replace the shitty dampers for 100 dollars a pop! Oh, thanks K-Sport, you're so generous for letting me pay 400 dollars to fix your defective garbage!

I'd rather sit on one of them then pay them 100 bucks to put some more shitty dampers in their soft-metal coilovers.

Buying the K-Sports are easily the biggest regret I have in buying and modifying more than a few cars in my life. I'm working on an idea to get some softer springs and retrofit some Bilsteins or Koni Yellows into their coilover bodies. Maybe then they will be worth something. Lesson learned.

/rant

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I also had nothing but problems with KSports, the shocks blew within two months and it took 6 months to get them warrantied. They sent differnt replacements they couldnt say which ones were supposed to be in there, they had no idea about thier own products. They also rode like crap, like cut stock springs.....NEVER AGAIN!!

I have heard nothing but good things about Stance, but I have no personal experience with them.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
I work for a company that imports after market coil over kits, and we do carry adjustable height\damp kits. Ksports are made in similar factories where we import our kits from, UNFORTUNATELY 70% of the time these kits prematurely fail and ultimately costing the user more $$$. I would go with the reputable companies, they are still in business for a reason.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
i had no idea k sports were a bad product especially for their price tag. like i said before my friend's ksports are good but i suppose a few proper units can be made but i will definitely not be taking that risk I'm going with the stance. i appreciate all the input

ksport

Jan 5, 2010
gilbert, az
One of the members here forwarded this forum to us so i thought i would chime in.

JPsToyota;1482026 said:
Take it from someone who has purchased K-Sports.

I bought K-Sports for my 2004 Sentra SE-R Spec V back before I learned not to heavily mod and race your daily driver. The K-Sports were the new hotness in the SE-R world and everyone was grabbing them up.

The rear shocks (and probably most of the fronts) are completely blown out and now I absolutely HATE driving the car. The car is such a great little dd and it completely ruins the whole thing for me.

This issue is known by basically everyone, and luckily K-Sport will graciously let you ship your coilovers back to them and replace the shitty dampers for 100 dollars a pop! Oh, thanks K-Sport, you're so generous for letting me pay 400 dollars to fix your defective garbage!

I'd rather sit on one of them then pay them 100 bucks to put some more shitty dampers in their soft-metal coilovers.

Buying the K-Sports are easily the biggest regret I have in buying and modifying more than a few cars in my life. I'm working on an idea to get some softer springs and retrofit some Bilsteins or Koni Yellows into their coilover bodies. Maybe then they will be worth something. Lesson learned.

/rant

Im not sure how long ago you purchased them, but we would not have charged you if you are in the 18 month warranty period. If you are out of warranty email me at info@ksportusa.com and ill see what i can do to get you situated. It is true we had longevity problems back about 5-6 years ago, but we have not had more than 4 shocks have problem out of the past 1800 sets sold after we redesigned the shocks.

becauseican;1482785 said:
I also had nothing but problems with KSports, the shocks blew within two months and it took 6 months to get them warrantied. They sent differnt replacements they couldnt say which ones were supposed to be in there, they had no idea about thier own products. They also rode like crap, like cut stock springs.....NEVER AGAIN!!

I have heard nothing but good things about Stance, but I have no personal experience with them.

6 months? let me know your name if posssible, i have no idea why anything would take 6 months as they usually take 24 hours. If you can email your receipt and prevous conversations to me at info@ksportusa.com i can see what we need to do to get you satisfied.

JASONA70;1483345 said:
I work for a company that imports after market coil over kits, and we do carry adjustable height\damp kits. Ksports are made in similar factories where we import our kits from, UNFORTUNATELY 70% of the time these kits prematurely fail and ultimately costing the user more $$$. I would go with the reputable companies, they are still in business for a reason.

LOL, honestly this makes no sense. Saying ksport is made at a similar factory is like saying honda is made at a similar factory to toyota, they have absolutly nothing to do with each other at all. 70% failure rate is an absoulute untruth. We have less than .5% warranty rate, so maybe the failure rate of the brands you sell are 70% but ours are not for sure. As for still being in business? Yes we have been in business for nearly ten years now, 6 of them being available in the united states, alot longer than most coilover brands now available. We offer dyno services here, rebuild services here for our product along with other brands.

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
kabanimk3supra;1483943 said:
I have stance setup on my 240sx...they are awesome:thumbup:

Not only can you adjust dampening, but it also has camber plates.

240 setup is much different than the MKIII setup. They put a lot more R&D into the 240 setup as that is Stance's bread and butter. I would put Stance on a 240 in a second...not on a MKIII though. I do not agree with stance's spring rates AT ALL for the MKIII. However, stance does make a very nice and reliable product, especially for the price.

MKIII units will not have camber plates as they are double a-arm on all 4 corners. 240's are macpherson up front which allows for camber plate adjustment.

k-sport entry coilovers, and all megan coilovers are garbage. Not because they blow in 6 months or whatever (most of their products I have seen have been fairly reliable), but because their damping is completely fucked.

Anyone that says their car handles like it's on rails with k-sport or megan...has not been in properly tuned car

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
i'm almost thinking of going with a tokico and h&r spring/shock combo now because there are a few other things id like to get besides suspension and brakes and the $2-500 that i'm going to save will allow me to do so. it also seems like a safer bet, more mkiii owners (from which i seen on this board) are more impressed with that combo then most coilovers available.