ksport or stance?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
tokicos and h&r's are a nice setup for the spring/shock combo. even with stock sway bars they handle pretty dam good. i used to hit canyons all the time with them and really like them and they would be a lot better with some upgraded sways.

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
dj7mge;1492393 said:
i'm almost thinking of going with a tokico and h&r spring/shock combo now because there are a few other things id like to get besides suspension and brakes and the $2-500 that i'm going to save will allow me to do so.

doing 1 thing properly > doing 2 things half ass

if you notice, the people that are not happy with their coilovers are the ones that cheaped out on their coilovers

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
hvyman;1492630 said:
tokicos and h&r's are a nice setup for the spring/shock combo. even with stock sway bars they handle pretty dam good. i used to hit canyons all the time with them and really like them and they would be a lot better with some upgraded sways.

the S/T's seem reasonably priced i'll look into a set i've heard good things but the 22mm front seem overkill... its just huge! haha

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
tErbo b00st;1492766 said:
doing 1 thing properly > doing 2 things half ass

if you notice, the people that are not happy with their coilovers are the ones that cheaped out on their coilovers

i agree most of them probably bought megan's which i never considered an option but i am not spending $1500+ on coilovers right now, i have other parts to buy along with the suspension set up.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Nobody mentioned Tein Super Streets? That is what I have on my car and when it comes to handling, it is pretty darn good. Not a good thing when going over bumps though. Any thoughts?

Does anyone know if Tein would warranty their products if I am not the original owner since I bought a parts car with my Tein's on them? Thanks.

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
word on the board is they rust pretty easily which = not a good idea for a wisconsin resident such as myself. my car is stored now but i most likely wont have a storage spot next winter.

i cant answer that question but http://www.tein.com/service/index.html this can give you some information if they dont otherwise contact them.

gobutai

Dec 22, 2009
TX
the old adage "you get what you pay for," really applies to this one. ksport lost their reputation not only in the Supra crowd, but if you look into other boards, pretty much everyone says the same thing. i would give this one to Stance, and as far as spring rates go, if you are not happy with the rear, you could replace them with eibach or hypercoil springs with the rate of your choice down the line.

kcheng

mkii 7mgte
Nov 22, 2005
bby, bc
adamturbo;308905 said:
heres a reason for you not to chince out on suspension and to buy quality parts.
K-sport
sm_photo_missing.jpg

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Well just ordered my Stance coilovers and they will be here on the 2nd. Once I install them I will let you know what I think, but from what I have heard they are awesome

dj7mge

Mar 12, 2009
milwaukee wi
toyzforme;1503831 said:
Well just ordered my Stance coilovers and they will be here on the 2nd. Once I install them I will let you know what I think, but from what I have heard they are awesome

please do, i havent ordered anything yet i still have about another month or so till the snow is gone

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Well got my Stance in the mail and put them on the car today. What a pain in the ass. For the most part the installation was just like any other shock. These things are huge. The hardest part was getting the ride height set right. Had the damn tire on and off several times to get it set right. Then on the rears, because there is a bushing of some sorts on the lower control arm you have to grind off a little of the mounting shaft to get them to slide in right. Once installed they seem to ride nice. I have the adjustment set at 8 right now and unless you hit a huge bump they don't rub. I need to get my fenders rolled so I can drop them a bit more. The big test will be during my next autoX race in March. For the most part I am quite please with the quality and so far the ride is pretty much like I had it before. I might bump up the stifness to 10 or so and see how it works then. If you can afford them I would go ahead and get them. You will like them

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Poodles;1507029 said:
Shouldn't have ground the bottom mount, it's a slide bushing, just tap it open wider...

Hey Poodles I tried tapping it but it wouldn't move not even with a 25 pd hammer and pb blaster so I did what I had to do to get it in place

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
I had the same problem with my coilovers. I just took a dremel and sanded a small amount off. Less than a mm.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My only beef with the Stance coilovers is that the rears do not go low enough. If you are looking for that "slammed" look then these are not for you. However if you are looking for a modest drop then these will do everything you want and surprise you :D