Kotu's bye bye ct26 build

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Your not even to the fun point yet of that MasterPower turbo. That thing hasnt had a chance to wake up yet. once you start boosting around 20psi, the climb between 16-20psi pulls you into a whole different world ;) Oh i also had a question.. with the ebay manifold did you have to get a turbo spacer? i was told the compressor housing of the turbo would hit the runners on the manifold if you didn't get a spacer to lift the turbo up some.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
it didnt clear by like 1/16" of an inch, i just used the finishing side of a body hammer on the runner to make it fit lol.
can barely even tell other than a couple small marks in the metal, i would get a spacer tho, would make things a lot easier.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
well when ever u want ur tint done let me know i know i got the deal at like 220 for both are cars no matter what tint u want buddy we will figure it out dood...Meow! :barf:

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
wow i've been neglecting this thread hardcore....

Have a couple good things to report.
finally dynoed the car last month, made 358whp and 410wtq @ 14.5psi with my a/f @ 10.0 pretty much the whole run.
running 16.5psi now with a/f between 11.3-11.7 no dyno numbers tho.
n remember im still running a bone stock 7m with felpro headgasket and arp headstuds.

replaced my blue front seats and cracked to hell rear leather seats with a set of MINT MINT MINT cloth seats from a 91 shadow grey along with the darker grey trunk carpet.

im in process of painting my interior black, and finishing my blue LED conversion, along with white LED map lights.

last night i ordered bushings for front and real control arms and rear trailing arm. will be welding reinforcement on the trailing arm as well.
also got a 91-92 style front toyota emblem, some fipg, new cps cover, new clutch master cylinder, and front lower ball joints and rack end links.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
thanks.
no pics, havent got my sideskirts yet. it looks the same as in the previous pics, just with some minty foglights i got for $35 (thanks garebear) :)
its gettin painted again within the month hopefully, after i order my bomex sides.
will be plenty of pics then.

im gonna be putting blue LED's in the key ring, door key ring, misc buttons, glovebox, ashtray, and im gonna put one in the empty din slot under my cd player.

oh ya, and since i didnt mention before, the numbers were made with the cheap ebay wastegate still in.
14.5psi in 4th comes on right around 3100rpm

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
lil update,
smoked my sidemarkers, and tryin to do the front turn signals as well but the paint keeps cracking.
put the new toyota emblem on the front, installed F+R upper control arm bushings. i cannot get the lower arm bolts off the subframe for the life of me, the bushing is seized to the bolt. installed the lower ball joints as well.
and the best news of all. just finished installing my new southbend OFE full disc clutch. i like how it grabs, little bit of slippability but you can feel it wanting to hook and grab.
im 170 city driving miles into the break in (which i did all of them today.) so far so good, will report more after i run @ the track this week.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
nother update:
installed is300 coils, replaced valve seals, changed spark plugs, clear pre89 sidemarkers, and some cheap 9003 headlight housings with 6k HID's, and got some new wheels (well came on another supra i got, look for the build thread)

p1453720_1.jpg

p1453720_2.jpg

p1453720_3.jpg

p1453720_4.jpg

p1453720_5.jpg

p1453720_6.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
thanks!
yea im using the safcII to tune for now, have a maft pro to put in im just lazy.
havent dynoed with my current tune, but with this 40* weather i would guess @ 17psi right around 400whp

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
lewis15498;1470534 said:
Jimmy Mac dumpster FTW lol. That guy is the shit!

So I figured out why that clutch would not come off lol. The friggen pilot bearing was practically welded on there. Struggled to get it off even with a 3 jaw puller...

yea my dads used his dumpsters for as long as i can remember, and Jen's dad work with em too.

that would deff explain why we couldn't muscle that thing off.
do you need another pilot bearing? i have a couple spare r154's, gonna need a flywheel for it?

oh n make a build thread of ur gonna fix up the supe.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
kotu100;1470544 said:
yea my dads used his dumpsters for as long as i can remember, and Jen's dad work with em too.

that would deff explain why we couldn't muscle that thing off.
do you need another pilot bearing? i have a couple spare r154's, gonna need a flywheel for it?

oh n make a build thread of ur gonna fix up the supe.

No, I got a flywheel on my other motor, and I have a new fidanza. As for the pilot bearing I'll prolly just pick one up from toyota or big aaron prolly has them.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Finally did something worth updating. New rotors calipers and pads for the front. Thankfully it's warming up so I'll be able to install my new bushings and camber bolts then finally get an alignment.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
kotu100;1535508 said:
Finally did something worth updating. New rotors calipers and pads for the front. Thankfully it's warming up so I'll be able to install my new bushings and camber bolts then finally get an alignment.

The better weather tends to instigate such... kudos and post some pics!;)

-crisp

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i think you're right Crisp, all this nice weather gave me the push i needed.
the car is going under the knife again this weekend, and will probably take a couple weeks for me to finish.
not gonna say what im doing yet tho, its gonna be sooo drastic. :)
oooohh i can't wait!