Job at dump for 80k a year?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ " Rap star and Christian minister M.C. Hammer lived in Fremont during his prime as a music legend, during which his "U Can't Touch This" and "Too Legit to Quit" were very large pop-music hits"

Lucky...

Freemont-
The median income for a household in the city is $76,579, and the median income for a family was $82,199.
Westport-
The median income for a household in the town was $37,500, and the median income for a family was $47,826.

Now I'm curious, and I think it's still on topic... Let's say our McD's ppl make $8/hr, are yours going to be $16/hr since it's roughly double? Or are they gonna have to get a 2nd job or work OT to make up for it? Again, it's the whole "I've lived here all my life and I'm still waiting for the real world..." kinda thing.

*edit*
and I just noticed this...

Fremont-
The per capita income for the city was $31,411. About 3.6% of families and 5.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.9% of those under age 18 and 6.2% of those age 65 or over.

Westport-
The per capita income for the town was $18,298. About 6.5% of families and 10.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.7% of those under age 18 and 3.0% of those age 65 or over.

Maybe it's all the poverty I'm surrounded by? lol

*edit #2*
That's some interesting stuff... I'll have to check that page out more when I have time.

Westport-
The racial makeup of the town was 99.21% White, 0.07% Native American, 0.07% Asian, 0.20% from other races, and 0.46% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.20% of the population.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Yeah, McD's people making burgers I''m sure don't make more than 10 bucks an hour. Honestly, I'm sure most of the people @ McD's are NOT the primary income source for their fams.

Hahahahaha, 99.21% white....How BORING! lol. And 1500 people-I'm sorry :p
Hehe just messin with you.

Thought you might be interested:

As of the census of 2000, there were 203,413 people, 68,237 households, and 52,201 families residing in the city. The racial makeup of the city is 47.67% White, 36.95% Asian, 3.10% Black or African American, 0.52% Native American, 0.40% Pacific Islander, 5.52% from other races, and 5.84% from two or more races. 13.47% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. Fremont is the home to the largest concentration of Afghans in the United States.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
ChadMKIII said:
Hahahahaha, 99.21% white....How BORING! lol. And 1500 people-I'm sorry :p

I'm only sorry because you know EVERYONE, or they know you and are always gettin up in your business.

Still a lot of interesting stuff from that site.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
RHDMK3 said:
I know they can, Its happened to me before. When people bitch at me for stupid shit like that unless they are nice and curteous( did I spell that right?) about it then I just usually just tell them to go screw themselves. In the military you try and pull some bullshit like that and if they want to pursue it they could call your boss and next thing you know your standing in front of your 1st Sergeant or whoever because you told Sgt. or Lt so and so to go screw himself. Now last I checked you couldnt be legally punished in the civilian world for telling a random person to go screw himself because you did something that they didnt like. Now I know the "civilian world" is no walk in the park. I realize it isnt easy but I'd rather have to have things a little tough and actually be happy with whats going on with my life versus being told to do everything at a specific time and basically having to be a robot and having things somewhat easy and being miserable. I actually made that comment about my recruiter in jest. We actually email each other every now and then. I've just come to the realization that for me the cons outwieght the pro's with regards to me staying in the military. Plus I know if I dont get out and get my degree asap I'll be one of these guys thats been in 15 years and still working on their degree. Something I definitely dont wanna do. I reality I have no beef with the AF or the military in general. Like I said earlier the military works for some people but it just isn't for me.

Hey man, there's nothing wrong with doing your time in the military and getting out after your first contract (same thing I'm doing). You might not be into this, but maybe you should let others form their own opinion on something, such as working in the military if they decide to do so. Your negativity is going to make those younger guys that are thinking about going in to think twice and possibly decide against it without giving it a fair shake. And you know as well as I do that our military needs as many people as it can get.

You know deep down just as well as I do that the military can be a great place for plenty of people. Hell, even for guys like us that get out after our first enlistment can recognize (or will down the road) that there are many good things about it.

I know you kind of backed off on the negative talk, but what you say has a major effect on many people. Just try to keep that in mind. Sound good? ;)

Thanks for serving our country, man. Take it easy.

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
It's all a matter of perspective, if you're a recent immigrant, then 80,000 is a lot. If you were born with parents making 50,000, still a lot. And I'm sure there are people already working at the dump, who are making a lot less.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
SP 7M said:
Hey man, there's nothing wrong with doing your time in the military and getting out after your first contract (same thing I'm doing). You might not be into this, but maybe you should let others form their own opinion on something, such as working in the military if they decide to do so. Your negativity is going to make those younger guys that are thinking about going in to think twice and possibly decide against it without giving it a fair shake. And you know as well as I do that our military needs as many people as it can get.

You know deep down just as well as I do that the military can be a great place for plenty of people. Hell, even for guys like us that get out after our first enlistment can recognize (or will down the road) that there are many good things about it.

I know you kind of backed off on the negative talk, but what you say has a major effect on many people. Just try to keep that in mind. Sound good? ;)

Thanks for serving our country, man. Take it easy.

Well first off, thanks. Same to you as well. But I'am just voicing my greivences that I've had with my experience in the military. I think people should hear the good and the bad experiences about what it is they decide to do. I all goes back to what I was saying: " the military is great for some people but it just isnt for me". And I really do believe that the military isnt for everybody. For some people it can be a wonderful thing but for others it can kinda be a lukewarm, like it was for me, or even worse experience.