Job at dump for 80k a year?

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
I may have an opportunity to take a job at the local "recycling center" aka dump.

I would be working in an office on the site in a portable trailer. Pay would be 80k per year with benefits, etc.

Should I take it????

There are other possible jobs for about the same money that I am looking at.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
i agree man go for it, if the pay that much to people that work at the dumps i wonder what the poopsmiths get payed at the sewage place.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I would go for it. But do what makes you happy man. There is nothing worse then to wake up every morning and having to go to a job you hate. I should know, I'am in the military. Damn AF recruiter......

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
just dont get cocky and start referring to yourself as a sanitation engineer...i knew one ex garbage guy who did...and he was dead serious about it.
imagine how pissed he was when i turned around to a group of guys standing behind us and told themt hat it was like calling a hooker a genital technician...

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
ValgeKotkas said:
80k$ a year??:aigo: :aigo: :aigo:
Goddamn rich americans......:nono:

That is hardly the standard for rich, i imagine it would be hard to pay a house, car, and other payments solely on that in california

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I don't know about how much u need to pay for sumtin in america, but I just translated the dollars into encino money and I got a biiiig sum :)
You can live almost like you want for let's say 2k$ a month here, whole family I guess (I' mean if you already have a house, car or whatever...)

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
ValgeKotkas said:
I don't know about how much u need to pay for sumtin in america, but I just translated the dollars into encino money and I got a biiiig sum :)

lol, average car is between 20-60k, most have a pair of em, houses are anywhere in the range of 400k-1.5m for the majority, translating to roughly 1500-4000 a month, now this is not including evrything else you need to live, but these are just figures that i fabricated right now, there are more expensive and cheaper places, but this is what i see for the most part

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
So, we have a pair or 20k cars, a house at 400k(okok, he saved some up, not everything is bought on loan(I know americans bequeath loans to their children ;))).... and my dad said 2k is really more than enough to live on now (ok, he's 56 and I'm only child left :))