Jimi's build update

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok so yay or nay on this one....
I'm waiting on parts, so that means free time to muck around. So I am thinking of relocating my coil packs to sit in the plug galley, and have made these covers to fit over the indention in the valve covers (the shine needs to be toned down on them a bit to match better), just one more way to clean things up. What do you think?

I want to get the valve covers from ARZ (Arizona Performance) as they are amazing, but I don't have a grand to drop on bling right now. I am still hoping to get the car painted soon (which means I have to get a hold of a CF hood also). So for now this may have to do.....

Before:

p1294564_1.jpg

The mock up:

p1294564_2.jpg

p1294564_3.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
Personally I think it looks more cluttered than having them stacked together, unless your gonna get the Arizona center cover and then it would look awesome....I got a quote for the valve covers/center cover/coil pack relocation/CPS cover all together for 1100 I think a month ago...but yah just a little too much money for bling at the moment for me as well.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Justin, Thanks!

C-T, Yeah I'm really undecided on this one, The pics (because of the flash) look funny compared to how it looks in person. But yeah, I would love the AZP covers, I've never really liked the stockers, mainly because of that indention...

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks Chris,
yeah I have seen that thread (need to read more of it) But the stock coils fit fine. So I don't see the need for the is300 coils, but I do need to read more of that thread...

Also I edited the post with pics without using the flash, on a shiny engine it is hard to get good pics using a flash.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
No problem. :) For what it's worth, the way you broke up the coils looks much better to me than the giant turd on the cam covers in stock form. :)

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks Chris
So I have 1-yay and 1-nay......What bugs me a little are the covers....still not sure if I like them or not. I do think it cleans it up better, but also has a cheap look to it :dunno:

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
SURUKO;1295300 said:
why dont just use the n/a valve covers ???

I'm not a big fan of the lettering, but I may try and pick up a set and see what I think. I also have not seen a good pic of the N/A covers by themselves.

Edit: Found a pic, the N/As have an indentation also, it's just further back.

Last edited:

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Alright, I got my injectors back today from WitchHunter Performance. They look brand new! Lets hope the work like new...

I am confused about one thing on the detailed printout they sent. It shows the injectors resistance @ 14.
I tested the resistance before shipping them out as they asked, and they tested for me @ 2.8. I saw the print out and was like WTF?? So I just tested them again and they again came up at 2.8. So that inspires confidence in their work...
But the rest of the data looks fine to me, the injectors actually look as though they were decent before cleaning. I will post this under the tech section also to see whats up with the resistance readings.

p1296804_1.jpg

p1296804_2.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
I got another part in that I "ordered".
First off I've been doing business with SUPRASPORT for some time now and have had nothing but good results.
This order...well..not terrible, but defiantly slacking.

Sunday I ordered the "Beech 7m Billet Alternator Relocation Bracket" and also added the extra $20 on for the belt.

So today (Saturday) I receive the order, great, but it is the "LIPP" bracket not the "Beech" one that I ordered, and on top of that...no belt, that I payed extra for....

I'm fine with the LIPP one as it does the job, (even though I paid an extra 5 spot for the Beech one) But what really gets me is the belt was not sent.

Edit: got a hold of Jack and he apologized for the mix up, and he put a belt in the mail today ;)

So here it is and I also finally installed my AFPR, and I'm putting in the Walbro.
BTW I ordered these and my MAFTpro and all extras from suprasport a while back, as seen earlier in this thread, I love all that SS does for us ;).

p1299411_1.jpg

p1299411_2.jpg

p1299411_3.jpg

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
jimi87-t;1299442 said:
Haha, yeah it was 30 outside and snowing all day. We don't see real high temps too much up here ;)

man you're not missing out back here then, rained the first half of the day, then was sunny and hot and muggy

and i completely removed my a/c too :evil2: