jdmfreak's A NEW BEGINNING (BUILD THREAD)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Originally it acted as if it was blowing spark or losing fuel (in the car felt harsh like stoc fuel cut) so I upgraded to -8 fuel line from the tank forward,replaced the little springs in the cop boots, double checked wires to coils, checked timing belt alignment, tps and wires to it, last time I drove it it shut down smoothly (like I turned the key off) and stayed that way for about 3 seconds until I lifted my foot off the throttle then it returned to normal) but also Bryan dyer noticed at a few random points in my log during a pull my map,pw,and dwell increase while tps decreases.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Alright 322hp untuned , max boost is 17psi due to my driftmotion hks style wastegate, ordered a tial and once it gets here I'll install it and get back to the dyno

I never used my DM hks replica. We put it on, decided we didn't want to risk the amount of money I've put into it with a knock off wg and bought a tial. Car isn't running yet, but from what I've read tial is the way to go. Can't wait to see your new numbers with the tial!

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Well I got a new wastegate for cheap (what I thought was a tial 44) and it doesn't fit on my adapter so it must be a 38??
1b210e0e48396e41efe2bdbc8ec12e3a.jpg

a269272c479e92e0b7520235142fa0f3.jpg

Now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, if I can't find the proper adapter I'm going to have to remove the manifold and take it somewhere to get the vband connection welded on

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Wow, long time no update (not that anyone has been following anyway) I got a new wastegate (tial 44) and have been running it, last weekend I installed a snow performance water/meth injection kit next on my list will be some dyno time and a set of tires that can hold more power @18psi my 275 45 18 toyo proxy t1 sports lose their battle for traction on dry pavement so I've been looking into getting a set of mt et street 2 to replace the rears

With a 6 month old kid and a new house funds are a little tight and have been delaying supra stuff but she's still here and slowly but surely is still on the path to greatness

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Yeah, the new gate fixed alot, the turbo hits way harder and spools faster, I had thought the old wastegate was "blowing open" at 17 psi but it appears that it was failing way earlier than that

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
AND YOU DIDN'T MENTION WHAT YOU DID 2 WEEKENDS AGO!!!! Slacker!

I was sitting on my ass debating about starting my Apexi install when this guy installed circles around me and made some magic happen :D

p2071204_1.jpg

<3 <3 <3

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
A Mustang dyno is different than a dynojet dyno (style) the Mustang dyno uses electricity to control the load on the rollers rather than using fixed weighted rollers and on average they give numbers which are about 8% lower than a dynojet will give