JDM Recaro Seats.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
That's not good to hear :nono: I loved the look and wanted a set, but if it's less than stock headroom I better steer clear :biglaugh:
eric

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I was (well, am) 6'3 and had no issues... now, with a HELMET, that might be a different story.

-J

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
like how much higher than stock are we talking here? would a 6' person have issues with headroom? also, are the Recaros both manual movements or is the drivers side have electronic movements (like stock)?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
SupraDreamPDR said:
like how much higher than stock are we talking here? would a 6' person have issues with headroom? also, are the Recaros both manual movements or is the drivers side have electronic movements (like stock)?

no real movement- slide fwd/back, knob recline.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Recaro seems to still be making similar seats, quite stock-looking.
No need to buy 15+ year old worn-out seats and reupholster them when you can get them new....

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2093&region=3&L=2

Don't know what it takes to make them fit in a MKIII though.
Another German guy (he's also on SM, his screen name is "Knight Rider") actually installed "Recaro Orthopaed"s into his MKIII.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
I'm 6'3" so head room is a problem already.
2 years ago when I had my 92 turbo I was about 6'7"-6'8" and I could still fit. Now I had the seat reclined a bit, but you should have little to no problems fitting dude :)
eric