JDM Recaro Seats.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Im in a weird situation, I want to get rid of the heavy stock seats but not have the "Racing" seats because I think that looks kinda campy in a regular car. Then I came across the Recaro seats that came stock in some JDM models. My question is where can I get them in decent condition and do they just bolt into the car like the stockers?

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
No biggie on comfort, I'm tall and skinny so my boney ass still hits the rails in the stockers:). Do I need special sliders to make them fit?

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
Best bet is Ebay, I have seen them go on there as a set for around 400. But they always have rips in them. You might want to see if Adam (Dr.J) has any, if i remember he had a set in the brown car.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I bought a set for $255, all 4 seats, and panels. I think this is the cheapest a full set has ever gone for.. I got lucky! Just a few weeks later a set went for $800+, in the same condition as the ones I just bought. Yeah, I need to have them re-apholstered but , it will be worth it when they are done.
p241339_1.jpg

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
SupraofDoom, did you get them on ebay? I have been looking on there for a while and havent seen any. Any other places I could find them?

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
SupraOfDoom said:
I bought a set for $255, all 4 seats, and panels. I think this is the cheapest a full set has ever gone for.. I got lucky! Just a few weeks later a set went for $800+, in the same condition as the ones I just bought. Yeah, I need to have them re-apholstered but , it will be worth it when they are done.
p241463_1.jpg

yeah you got lucky as fuck.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
you could always try the site that will buy things off of yahoo auctions japan and ship to you (wish i could remember the site) but i think a search will turn it up for you...

ross

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
I got mine off Ebay as well. $400 shipped for the 2 front buckets only. Luckily, no tears, 1 small worn spot. Price will vary depending on what you recover them in, and Yes, they are a direct bolt in. Comfort, I like them, but I don`t drive mine everyday.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
SupraOfDoom said:
p241701_1.jpg

I picked up a set almost just like these for $280 from Jarco (eBay)...got really lucky :naughty: