Ive just about had enough.

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
gaboonviper85;1498891 said:
Anyone who specializes in anything doesn't work cheap....atleast not in the world I live in:-(....think about that.

Whatever you decide....try to keep the car as it's not worth selling as you won't get what it's worth.....and I'm tired of seeing it on craigslist as I damn near called you the first time it was up for grabs lol.

haha it hasnt been on craigslist in over a year.

he had my 7m swapped in and ready to go for $800 (labor)

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
gaboonviper85;1498901 said:
Non of the twin turbo engines fit well...need to pound the firewall in generally...but a 2jzge is cheap as hell and you can use regular 7m ic piping for the most part....intake mani pretty much routes the same...all that you save could go towards upgrades or other parts.

interesting. how much power can the stock ge bottom end hold?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supraGhost;1498912 said:
interesting. how much power can the stock ge bottom end hold?

Same internals as a gtte just higher comp and no squirters....so pretty much the same as a turbo 2j as it's all in the tune....although you'll be limited on power on pump gas as detionation is a problem in higher comp engines but that's why god made meth injection and race gas:)

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
gaboonviper85;1498930 said:
Same internals as a gtte just higher comp and no squirters....so pretty much the same as a turbo 2j as it's all in the tune....although you'll be limited on power on pump gas as detionation is a problem in higher comp engines but that's why god made meth injection and race gas:)

what compression ratios are we talking? is it worth putting a spacer in?

and i actually have no idea what i would need to tune it

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supraGhost;1498934 said:

You could run the engine on 7mgte electronics for the most part therefore any piggyback that we use will work but not for big power....you'd want a standalone if you were serious about making horsepower...tuning this engine is just like tuning a 7m...

But again if raw stupid amounts of power is your goal then a 2jzge isn't a good choice...2jzgte is the engine I'd go with for safe measure.

Spacer? You mean a thicker headgasket? Yeah it's a smart move but lower comp pistons is an even better idea...compression ratio is similar to a non turbo 7m 9.4:1 I believe? Hell I don't know I just know it's higher and higher compression and boost don't get along generally.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
supraGhost;1498934 said:

The differences between the 2jzge and 2jzgte can be read here:

The bible - http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=10

http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=2765

http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=594

The compression is around 10:1 on a stock 2jzge. The pistons are different and the gte has a 12-point distro system and oil squirters. The ge bottom end will easily do 400-500 reliably with supporting mods without a second thought.

I suggest getting a 2.0mm MHG and make sure you measure the CC's on the combustion chamber dishes in the head with liquid to help measure out your
compression ratio with each size MHG.

I still say go 2jzge-t! lol Sorry, just drove home from work and probably missed a bit...

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
A full long block 2jzge will run you $300-400. I bought two for $600, plus a shit-ton of parts. Which I still have laying around... lol

MAKE SURE TO GET A REAR SUMP OIL PAN! Usually out of the SC300 and IS300 iirc. I bought the first 2jz and it was a GS300, which has slightly taller valve covers and a mid-sump oil pan which will not fit our cross member. Then I bought the second one, which had the rear-sump. Buy the rear-sump setup alone is $250-300 depending on who its from, but I found a full long block 2jzge with a rear-sump for $300 and said screw it.

I no longer have these motors, but I do have intake manifolds, injectors, PS pump, valve covers, 2jzge exhaust manifolds with perfect O2 sensors on them, and some other random stuff.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Cut your losses and let her go. You already see how much this car has costed you in the last couple of years. It only get worse from here on out. Unless you have deep pockets to do things "the right way" then I wouldn't continue the punishment. You said it yourself, you really don't have the money to do anything with it. Part it out, or sell as is. You'll thank youself later. Good luck.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Suprapowaz!(2);1499053 said:
Cut your losses and let her go. You already see how much this car has costed you in the last couple of years. It only get worse from here on out. Unless you have deep pockets to do things "the right way" then I wouldn't continue the punishment. You said it yourself, you really don't have the money to do anything with it. Part it out, or sell as is. You'll thank youself later. Good luck.

Wow you should be a motivational speaker for a suicide hotline....:3d_frown:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Suprapowaz!(2);1499053 said:

It doesn't take much to do it right. Things can be purchased at good prices depending on where you look or how you decide to go about it. I'm not saying it's cheap, but I am saying that I am doing it while paying rent and only making $14/hr. Granted, it took me a month or two, but it can be done. He just has to decide whether to go one path, or the other. One may take more money, but he apparently loves the car enough to have kept it this long. The other path will mean he gains some cash. But what will he fill the void the supra will leave with? lol Then again, that just may be my own void talking after I got rid of mine and bought another a month later. :love:

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
Nghty89;1499076 said:
It doesn't take much to do it right. Things can be purchased at good prices depending on where you look or how you decide to go about it. I'm not saying it's cheap, but I am saying that I am doing it while paying rent and only making $14/hr. Granted, it took me a month or two, but it can be done. He just has to decide whether to go one path, or the other. One may take more money, but he apparently loves the car enough to have kept it this long. The other path will mean he gains some cash. But what will he fill the void the supra will leave with? lol Then again, that just may be my own void talking after I got rid of mine and bought another a month later. :love:

well ive been looking for is300's but i dunno.... its just not quite a supra:icon_bigg

is it worth pulling the 2jzge apart just to put the thicker headgasket in if im only looking for around 350whp? or is a headgasket replacement a must on 2jz's like the 7m

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
supraGhost;1499195 said:
well ive been looking for is300's but i dunno.... its just not quite a supra:icon_bigg

is it worth pulling the 2jzge apart just to put the thicker headgasket in if im only looking for around 350whp? or is a headgasket replacement a must on 2jz's like the 7m

its only replaced to lower compression, ive been planning on going na-t for the past month or so, so ive just been researching if your really serious about doing it theres quite a few build threads on here such as hottscotthennessey, doks and more. if youve really had it with the supra lmk how much u want for her because ive been looking for a clean shell for quite somtime.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
supraGhost;1499195 said:

Change the gasket, that way once you realize what that power level feels like on the 2jz, you can go higher. TRUST ME. You'll want the comfort. Do it once, do it right. Have the blocked cleaned out, decked, clean the head, have it machined, new bearings, ARP head studs, a 2.0mm or so (depends on clearances and how much is machined) MHG, all new engine gaskets, and you have yourself a beautiful thing. :love: And it doesn't cost too much either. I paid $600 total in machining/cleaning costs, and around $400 for the engine gasket set, MHG, and ARP head studs. All in all, great for a motor that will do 500 easy. With supporting mods of course.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
2JZGE will do that power nicely. There is a lot of info on using the 7M electronics for that swap. Do it right, do it once, and enjoy your Supra for many years to come.

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
is the is300 2jz the same as the sc300 and supra na 2jz?

cause if going na-t is that easy, i might just go that route with an is.