issues after changing out spark plugs and valve cover gasket

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
I just changed the spark plugs and valve cover gaskets because my previous spark plugs were soaked in oil. There is only smoke after changing the spark plugs and valve covers.

After changing them I started the car, but it took a while for the engine to catch, like a hiccup you can feel coming before it hits. When it did start I got smoking from the tail pipe and smoking from the engine bay.

Weeks before I had some over heating so I changed out the thermostat and radiator cap.

Months ago I changed out the head gasket with a Toyota one and Arp Studs.

Now when I drive the car there is blueish smoke out of the tail pipe and smoking from the turbo side of the engine bay. Not that much if I don't gun the car. I can smell smoke no matter what type of driving. Hard driving gets a giant puff of blueish smoke.

I just checked the spark plugs and they are an ashy white. The coolant is green and the oil is light brown. oil still smells like oil and coolant smells like coolant. Smoke smells like bbq. No leaks on the ground except when I open the radiator cap and hour after some 10 min of driving and it bubbles to the surface.

What could be the problem?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
stupid ? how much have you driven it since changing the plugs?
could it be that you got some oil in the cylinder when changing them?
it can sometimes take a while to burn it all out.

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
Update

I just did a quick pulls.

First 2 miles and no more smoke out of tail pipe or inside engine bay.

Quick run on freeway 2 miles. No smoke from tail pipe, some smoke from turbo side of engine bay.

Slightly less hard pulls, 2 miles later. no smoke out of tail pipe or inside engine bay. Although engine bay still smells like smoke.

I am confused. Cracked valve covers, bad turbo seals?