is my turbo bad?

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
sorry for yet another post it just seems that once i fix one thing something else happens its a never ending cycle with these supras..basically i replaced my turbo with a turbo i got for free because it had a "cracked seal" but it turned out to be my BHG and the one i put in had very bad shaft play it was driving fine for a while well a decent amount of time and now all of a sudden i start my car and itll just stall..ill start it sometimes to try and see/hear whats going on rev it up a little let off the gas and ill get a puff of smoke from the turbo whitish blueish and it lightly smokes..is my turbo bad..would it also be causing my stalling?..o yeah and my BOV doesnt really blow off anymore a light wooosh but thats all but thats from no/little boost..so what do you people think..i need to get this f'n thing on the road

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Dont think the turbo would have anything to do with your stalling, but maybe. It sounds like its time for a turbo rebuild.

Your stalling may be related to your BOV.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
fixed it it was deffinently my turbo being bad it doesnt stall anymore and it runs..is there any like parts tore or anything were i can get a hardpipe or somehting for the IC pipe that comes out of the turbo let me know..thanks

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
apexi287 said:
fixed it it was deffinently my turbo being bad it doesnt stall anymore and it runs..is there any like parts tore or anything were i can get a hardpipe or somehting for the IC pipe that comes out of the turbo let me know..thanks

Home Depot or Lowes carries them. :rofl:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
ITs a mk3. I'll quote you on that when it breaks for the first time and you have to go home, work, yada yada yada.

And the pvc intercooler piping isn't half ass. Just creative and cheap.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
MDCmotorsports said:
ITs a mk3. I'll quote you on that when it breaks for the first time and you have to go home, work, yada yada yada.

And the pvc intercooler piping isn't half ass. Just creative and cheap.

I disagree........... :nono:

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
i agree with mdc. My hardpipes work great
could look nicer with shiny metal, but college or 400 dollar pipes. ill stick with pvc till im pulling down 60k a year

just my 2 cents.
Joe

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
I want to see a pic of the PVC setup. you might be on to something witht the light weight material

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
I'm confused. which way is up on those pics. I see the bov on the left side. How does this thing work in the car?