Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
drunk_medic
25 years old, married, Florida panhandle. '91-T 5-speed Targa owner since 2000.
I moderate the Engine and Turbo Tech and the 1JZ sections on I-Supra.com.
If I wasn't poor, my 2JZ swap would be done by now.
Livin' with the BHG right now.
siderear.jpg

P

Pokey

drunk_medic said:
drunk_medic
25 years old, married, Florida panhandle. '91-T 5-speed Targa owner since 2000.
I moderate the Engine and Turbo Tech and the 1JZ sections on I-Supra.com.
If I wasn't poor, my 2JZ swap would be done by now.
Livin' with the BHG right now.
siderear.jpg

its cause you are in the military, and being married doesnt help

but im jeff, i have a 90 silver turbo and 88 pearl white turbo :yumyum:

Chaotic Neutral

ex machina
Jul 5, 2005
Canton, GA
I'm military as well...just converted from DSMs, back to Supras....yes...back to them...first started driving a MkIII almost 6 years ago....been away too long, haha. Figured I'd say hello, since there's an introduction thread...

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
I want to start off by saying thanks to everyone for being very helpful on this forum. My 89 turbo is my first supra because I could never afford one before. I started with hondas and I worked on them since I was 15, even though I was never a true fan(since they were cheap, it made it easy to learn on). I worked on hondas for 6 years, puting in a few motors in my crx and I simply tried to learn as much as I could. Now that I have my supra I am addicted to boost and I wish I wasn't a poor college student so I could spend more money on it. I love my mkIII and I can't wait to fix the bhg. Thanks ahead of time for all the help with my build up!

Jon

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well, hey, there's and intro thread... So, let me introduce myself...

My name is Jake, from FWB Florida...

Car: 1987 Supra MKIII with 89+ conversion...
MODS:
Forged internals, P&P head, titanium valves, 3 angle valvejob, bored .020 over, 2.0mm HKS Stopper mhg, ARP fasteners through out, Spearco FMIC, 2.75" aluminum hard pipes, HKS SSQV BOV, BIG ASS mystery turbo *4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, 3" v-band*, T-netics DeltaGate, Apexi 3.75" exhaust, *twin fuel pumps* MKIV intank and Paxton 1000hp external, braided fuel lines, Paxton FPR, ACT Stage V clutch... Running HKS VPC, SAFC2 inline with VPC to clean the signal, NOT using to tune yet, because Im only running max 15psi of boost and my a/f ratio is 11:1... Boost is controlled with an HKS EVC IV... Suspension is Eibachs on KYBs, sits VERY low... TRUST shift knob... NO radio... NO cruise... NO a/c... NO tems...

Now the numbers: 360.79 rwhp and 327.47 rwtq @15psi... I cant boost past 15psi... And Im not reaching full boost until close to 6000rpms... I have a large hot side, and I only have a 7psi spring in my w/g... Im going to be doing a few things soon to get those numbers upped... There is NO doubt in my mind that this car can make close to, if not OVER, 500rwhp...

Track numbers: with only an 1/8th mile track here, my best time was an 8.5 @85mph with a 1.83 60 foot... Tires were a set of M/T Sportsmans with NO tread left... Im getting a new set soon, so I hope to improve my 60 foot times...

Anyway, look forward to meetin and talkin with you all...

Take care, Jake

L

lanky189

8.5s on the 1/8th aint too shabby there Jake.. nice, btw.. love your pics..

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks... I appreciate that! :D

I feel 7s coming... I wanna get into the 7.50 class... If I can take a full weight 7M powered 18 year old car with comfy leather seats down the track in seven and a half seconds and then drive her home: I'll be a very happy guy... Satisfied, hmm, maybe not, but happy none the less, lol... Actually, a street car pullin 7s in the 1/8th is pretty friggin sweet... One of these days, I wanna put her on a 1/4 mile and see if I can get into the 11s... That's be sweet...

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
all i can say is WOW. i ordered the lower pipe on tuesday i think, got a conformation that it had shipped on wed, and recieved it today on thirsday. that was fast.

this thing is beautiful. the bends are smooth, the paint is good, the weld on the mounting tab(although covered with paint) looks good, and the pipe is all one piece. I am very very happy. and the friends are impressed as well.

i'll have to see how it fits in the car tomarrow and how much of an improvement i get out of it. i'll post again when i do that.

Speed-Source=:bigthumb:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
souprat said:
all i can say is WOW. i ordered the lower pipe on tuesday i think, got a conformation that it had shipped on wed, and recieved it today on thirsday. that was fast.

this thing is beautiful. the bends are smooth, the paint is good, the weld on the mounting tab(although covered with paint) looks good, and the pipe is all one piece. I am very very happy. and the friends are impressed as well.

i'll have to see how it fits in the car tomarrow and how much of an improvement i get out of it. i'll post again when i do that.

Speed-Source=:bigthumb:

.........and then this one time at bandcamp.....................lol...........just couldn't resist.........:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.