interior color change.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
when i did mine i didn't seal ir or anything like that, and i just dyed/painted my old carpets, because i'm too cheap to but new ones and it looks fine, it's a little hard at first, but it's carpet, who cares?

M

MisterTurbineTwister

Think of dye as an ink instead of an acrylic or oil base paint. It stains the fabric or carpet strands and rinses free. Almost like a hair dye.

The parts look like they're coming along well. I wouldn't hesitate using a dupli color paint on a well prepped part that doesn't see a lot of traffic, but the reason that we used the spray on plasti-dip is because it is a daily driver and shit happens. Even with the highest respect level.

I'm about the only person that ever rides in the truck with him and we're both bodymen by trade and car freaks at that. We're always aware of our cars, but some areas of the interior will see contact, even if they aren't supposed to. Just plan on it. Sounds like that stuff holds up under abrasion from what you said. I'm sure if you keep an eye on it when you're cleaning and contacting it, you should be fine.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
heres some pics of my color change-used the duplicolor vinal and fabric paint for everything including carpet-interior was maroon before.

Last edited: