interior color change.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
as most of you know i am pretty much redoing my interior to all black in my 89 supra(getting rid of the burgandy :icon_mad: ) while im in the process of rebuilding the 7mgte. well me and my friend daniel got quite a bit of it done today here are some pics of it out of the car. the parts turned out beautiful and look like it was always that color. I also dyed the carpet black too it looks great.... I will keep you updated and put pics up soon as all of my interior is done and in the car about 2 to 4 weeks from now.

p7595_1.jpg

p7595_2.jpg

p7595_3.jpg

p7595_4.jpg

p7595_5.jpg

p7595_6.jpg

supraswole89

Mar 30, 2005
jackson,TN
yea ken, we did a sweet ass job but we have alot of hard work that still needs to be done. it will be more than worth it with the finished product.
JACKSON,TN SUPRAS BABY!!!!!

suprarcr89

Untouchable7mgte said:
WOW! What did you use???

I used dupli color vinyl/fabric interior color flat black. and duplicolor adhesion promotor on plastic parts before spraying them.

we first wet sanded the pieces with fine grit sand paper to get a good bond with the color, then sprayed two coats of adhesion promotor on the plastic parts then sprayed two or more coats of the duplicolor vinyl/fabric flat black, the vinyl parts we just wet sanded and sprayed two or more coats of the flat black and the peices look awesome and i tryed to rub it off and its on there good.... it held great on the plastic parts too since we used adhesion promotor on the plastic parts....

grant -I am going to get that kit as soon as my engine is finished and im on the road rolling....

simann- I just love black on interior..

daniel- yes it will

thanks all

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
is that the stuff with the green letteringo n a black can? i was looknig at that today as im still experimenting with some color changing stuff...

FYI: for plastic parts the krylon fusion works AWESOME with NO prep... future reference ;)

your stuff looks great though!

M

MisterTurbineTwister

I love the color change.

My friend and I converted the interior of his '85 Toyota RTE pickup to black from brown/tan. We actually used high stretch vinyl (also used on vinyl tops) To cover the door panels with vinyl top adhesive and we sewed the seams around the leather door handles, steering wheel and hand made console using an industrial juki machine and a leather working barb needle.

I'll get some pics up soon. It looks like it wasn't modified and is still holding up after 2 years.

Another thing you can use for high contact areas is flat black aerosol Plasti-Dip. It's mostly used for coating hand tool handles in, but it dries to a semi flat gloss and holds up to a lot of contact traffic. That's what we used for the plastic parts (kick panels, some dash parts, door release handles, etc.)

What was with Toyota not putting black interiors in their vehicles?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
MisterTurbineTwister said:
I love the color change.

My friend and I converted the interior of his '85 Toyota RTE pickup to black from brown/tan. We actually used high stretch vinyl (also used on vinyl tops) To cover the door panels with vinyl top adhesive and we sewed the seams around the leather door handles, steering wheel and hand made console using an industrial juki machine and a leather working barb needle.

I'll get some pics up soon. It looks like it wasn't modified and is still holding up after 2 years.

Another thing you can use for high contact areas is flat black aerosol Plasti-Dip. It's mostly used for coating hand tool handles in, but it dries to a semi flat gloss and holds up to a lot of contact traffic. That's what we used for the plastic parts (kick panels, some dash parts, door release handles, etc.)

What was with Toyota not putting black interiors in their vehicles?

burgandy was a big 80s color...hell even nissan put bugandy interiors in their 90+ Z's... at least toyota realized burgandy was dead after 90 lol

suprarcr89

the reason i didnt use fusion is that i couldnt get it in flat black. but since i have wet sanded and used aheshion promoter. i tryed scratching it off a few pieces and couldnt get it to come off. plus my car will have no back seat so no worry of people getting in kicking stuff gettin in and out the back seat plus everyone who would ride with me respects the car enough not to kick panels and abuse the interior.... so i suspect it will hold up fine... ill keep you guys posted....

its a black can with white and red writing..... the adhesion promoter is a a marroon can with white writing both dupli-color....