Drew calm yourself LOL

read the other thread. it was a buddy of mine from work being a jackass

you sure know how to pick them :3d_frown: jk. :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
WOW, how did I miss this intelligent conversation? Did we all just wake up one morning and start hatin on the 7m or did we all have a 7m and get tired of working on them? I loved my 7m when it was running, I only started hating it after the rodknock.

What was that guy banned for?

Nevermind I found it. I think someone is crying out for help and needs their mommy.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
Going 1.5jz would be a nice option if you've wasted your shortblock, that's the route I took some years ago. Nowadays it would be more sensible to go full 2jz if you want a 3ltr.

Me and a good friend are both driving 1.5jz's for years now, tenthousends of miles put on it and never any oiling issues. I use a 1jz stock headgasket and my friend has a 2jz I believe, not sure as it is quite some years ago we built it.

Anywayz, I like my 1.5jz, I have a 67mm turbo on it and it pulls like crazy. My friend uses jdm 2jz stock turbo's and he has abused it quite a bit but it just wont break, it's bullit proof. :)

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
just finished my 1.5jz no oil problems in a few days ill have my aem oil pressure gauge hooked up.

my 1jz block was pretty wasted and i wasnt trying to build another head after already having my 1jz head built.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My 1jz block is perfect. I'm just wanting quicker spooling and more daily driving power. Did either of you have any problems I should know about when you did your swap. Any problems other than the waterneck being different? When I take my motor out, I want to make sure I have all of the parts on hand to put it back together asap, so I have plenty of time to tune it before the Texas meet. Do any of you have aftermarket cams and did you have them degreed or did you adjust them on the dyno? Thanks for all of your help and please keep the comments coming. I know I'm not that smart, but I'm taking my focus factor pills and I'm trying real hard to get smarter.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
suprahero;899010 said:
My 1jz block is perfect. I'm just wanting quicker spooling and more daily driving power. Did either of you have any problems I should know about when you did your swap. Any problems other than the waterneck being different? When I take my motor out, I want to make sure I have all of the parts on hand to put it back together asap, so I have plenty of time to tune it before the Texas meet. Do any of you have aftermarket cams and did you have them degreed or did you adjust them on the dyno? Thanks for all of your help and please keep the comments coming. I know I'm not that smart, but I'm taking my focus factor pills and I'm trying real hard to get smarter.

water neck was the only custom peice and that wasnt even that hard to extend everything else was plug and play.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
suprahero; the main difference between 1jz and 1.5jz is the deck hight, the 1.5jz sits about an inch higher
so, keep that in mind and think off all bits that are both attached to the head and shortblock and you'll know what to expect, like the waterneck.
for instance, if you keep the stock twins, the oil- feed and return lines need to be streched out a bit, if you go single it's not an issue
everything else is plug and play

s14eva1

Sep 28, 2006
SFL
drewgo;898675 said:
I forgot to take ma'pills..... :evil2: and the name is MR. HYDE!

Hey Dre how is the my old 1j holding up?....you made 480rwhp on race gas,right?

Btw:I never got that ride you owe me...:sadwavey:

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
Rich;899848 said:
suprahero; the main difference between 1jz and 1.5jz is the deck hight, the 1.5jz sits about an inch higher
so, keep that in mind and think off all bits that are both attached to the head and shortblock and you'll know what to expect, like the waterneck.
for instance, if you keep the stock twins, the oil- feed and return lines need to be streched out a bit, if you go single it's not an issue
everything else is plug and play

stock twins o_0 last time i checked his car was single so everything is going to bolt up other then the water neck.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
s14eva1;900208 said:
Hey Dre how is the my old 1j holding up?....you made 480rwhp on race gas,right?

Btw:I never got that ride you owe me...:sadwavey:

Holding up just fine..... No race gas here Meng! Good'ole 93 Octane.

I owe you brah! You can come by the crib anytime. Lately I've been a grease monkey. Every weekend doing sometime to the 240 or the Lexus. Right after sending this, I am going to put the turbo back on the 240 and get all greased up.
Call me up!

s14eva1

Sep 28, 2006
SFL
drewgo;898675 said:
I forgot to take ma'pills..... :evil2: and the name is MR. HYDE!

Sounds good....I miss having a turboed car

maybe I'll stop by one of these days and get my hands dirty too.:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks alot guys. This makes me feel alot better about doing the swap before the Texas meet. I dont' even have my block back yet, but I'll get it wednesday or thursday and then I'm taking my head to them to have rebuilt. I would take it now, but I don't have my gasket set yet with my new valve guides. It won't be here until the end of the week. I should be able to start taking it out in about a week and a half. I'm replacing everything associated with my clutch and that way I can have all of the bugs worked out and the clutch broke in at the same time and then take it to the dyno for some respectable numbers hopefully. Duane said I have to turn the boost up to 30psi or he will forever call me a pussy. We'll see. I've been called worse.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
suprahero;900533 said:
Thanks alot guys. This makes me feel alot better about doing the swap before the Texas meet. I dont' even have my block back yet, but I'll get it wednesday or thursday and then I'm taking my head to them to have rebuilt. I would take it now, but I don't have my gasket set yet with my new valve guides. It won't be here until the end of the week. I should be able to start taking it out in about a week and a half. I'm replacing everything associated with my clutch and that way I can have all of the bugs worked out and the clutch broke in at the same time and then take it to the dyno for some respectable numbers hopefully. Duane said I have to turn the boost up to 30psi or he will forever call me a pussy. We'll see. I've been called worse.

Well Jay, Lets put it this way, no matter what anyone says, as long as it's fast for you, it's fast enough.

:icon_bigg

93kyumaru

JZ Master
Oct 31, 2007
Japan
I will Take Pics of the rods if necessary they are exactly the same part I have a complete set non-vvti rods and pistons I replaced and a complete set of VVTi rods I replaced with JUN they are exactly the same. Wen I went to Toyota to order the rods for a 93 NON-VVTi engine for a rebuild they have one part number for the rods all the way up to 2002 (JZX110) same rod

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It'll be fast enough to pin you back in the seat and thats fast enough for me. I just hope I can keep it between the ditches.

I'm using the stock rods with aftermarket pistons and wrings. I had the block bored .020 and it's completely done, but they were waiting on arp rod bolts before they assembled it.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
suprahero;900533 said:
Duane said I have to turn the boost up to 30psi or he will forever call me a pussy. We'll see. I've been called worse.

Yes, and most of them are your friends!!!:sarcasm:You really need new friends!!!!:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
da89soup;900561 said:
Yes, and most of them are your friends!!!:sarcasm:You really need new friends!!!!:biglaugh:

I like the ones I've got and not too many other poeple would put up with me.