Intake spacer scam!!!

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Frank Rizzo;996013 said:
What was the point of posting that besides making you look like a complete fucking moron?

When i think of a spacer on these motors i think tornado. I'm not exactly a moron, and if you read from top down you would have gotten the pun. They're not exactly related quite inverse actually, but I feel its the same principle Cycloning the air and increasing the volume by a slight amount. There you go Mister Frank Rizzo. The Rest of the story.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
A plenium spacer is a popular mod on G35's and 350Z's.

Certainly does not mean it would have a positive affect on a 7m. It would take extensive testing and a lot of calculating to make a similar item for our cars (if in fact there were any possiblity of increasing performance with this type of spacer). Not gonna happen, 'cause no company would make any money on such a mod for 7m's.

Better to spend your money on a FFM and a bigger throttle body. As we all know this will definitely make an improvement.

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
yeah the spacers they make do not work as they shouldn't. we have done 3 dynos and all had no improvment. The 350z motor spacers actually raise the top of the plenum up. Its hard to explain but the ports basical point up in the plenum. By rasing the lid it increases the gap between the runner top and plenum top increasing airflow into the runners. Yes they work very well.

by the way in my first post I was just saying if a product was out there who would call bs right away. Theres no way i would ever try and sell something like this. Just wanted to make sure that was clear...lol

However a teflon spacer or something similar i would use for sure. Could not hurt

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
joeytvr;996590 said:
yeah the spacers they make do not work as they shouldn't. we have done 3 dynos and all had no improvment. The 350z motor spacers actually raise the top of the plenum up. Its hard to explain but the ports basical point up in the plenum. By rasing the lid it increases the gap between the runner top and plenum top increasing airflow into the runners. Yes they work very well.

by the way in my first post I was just saying if a product was out there who would call bs right away. Theres no way i would ever try and sell something like this. Just wanted to make sure that was clear...lol

However a teflon spacer or something similar i would use for sure. Could not hurt

Yes, the G35 and 350Z have spacers as mod for completely different reasons as mentioned above. Some of the cylinders in these two cars are starved of air compared to the other cylinders, the spacer raises up the top plenum, thus allowing more air into all cylinders, helping equalize the amount of air each one sees.

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign_Maker
I can count on one hand the members of this site that I dont like... You're the middle finger...

now thats funny