Intake Manifold

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
flubyux2 said:
i know you dont HAVE To move the PS. but i was just thinking... what if we DID move the PS so that it mimics the 1JZ setup. and then putting the alt down in the stock PS position.

anyone who has done a 1JZ swap can easily do this... hell, i may try to do this. its alot more costly and such, since you need to extend the wires for the alt, relocate the ps resivoir and make a custom PS line. in fact, i could probalby use a 2JZ PS pump. that would make things alot simpler too.

Ahh, I see. I can maybe look into that also...

--Ron

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
screaminglemon said:
so Ron, if i buy a mani from you, will you need me to send you a core beforehand?

Preferrably but not necessarily beforehand. I have a couple that kinda keep the production going. I'd like to get one back after shipping a finished one at least. Thanks.

--Ron

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
obviously, my Filipino brotha...you make intake mani's that do not require you to remove your AC Compressor and AC parts. which is good. However, would that mean i would have to relocate my battery as a consequence?

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Johnny Dangerously said:
obviously, my Filipino brotha...you make intake mani's that do not require you to remove your AC Compressor and AC parts. which is good. However, would that mean i would have to relocate my battery as a consequence?
Ha ha, salamat! FOR NOW, unfortunately for some, yes. Besides, it gives you a straighter and shorter air path from the IC to the TB, provided that you have a side to side inlet/outlet IC. Ron

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
jt2ma71 said:
Ha ha, salamat! FOR NOW, unfortunately for some, yes. Besides, it gives you a straighter and shorter air path from the IC to the TB, provided that you have a side to side inlet/outlet IC. Ron

good enough for me...walang nalaman....bleh, i suck at tagalog spelling.
however, thanks for the info :)

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Hey, do tell us how your ebay intake comes out. I thought he said in the listing that you don't get it all done, that you need to weld the throttle body plate on, and do some more welding here and there.
jt2ma71- How much is your intake selling for? And it does come with the alt drop bracket? I want to purchase one in the near future so I want the info if you don't mind.
eric

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
i figured if we put the PS right above the ac, we could switch to a 4 rib belt and not hurt anything. we can run the ps and ac together, and reconfigure the AC tensioner to PUSH rather than pull, we can get more belt contact on the PS pump pulley and eliminate potential slippage. however, AC pulley belt contact will be reduced slightly. im not sure how much resistance the AC pully applies to the belt. but in reality, the reduction in belt contact area wont be any less than on the JZ motors.

its just a wild idea. but i think im going to try it on my next 7M's and see if itll work out. i think the PS pump would take up less space than an alternator... so it may give me more room under the TB and whatnot.

btw, you DONT technically have to run your IC pipe where your battery sits. you can run it right down where the AC fans run, like a JZ setup, then go out to the side and pull a 180* to enter the fmic... like just about every other aftermarket JZ cold pipe out there

evildoer

Apr 4, 2005
Augusta, Georgia
so what would be needed to make one of these i mean what on the upper where the air gets charged, what holes would be needed drilled besides where the tb bolts up and where the upper gets welded to the lower? im not worried about emissions here where i live. And also can some 1 just make me a plemmum is that how you say it? I have a friend that is a fabricator and he could just weld the upper to the lower for me
for free then i could do the polishing im sure he could make the whole thing for me but i dont have the specs and rather use something tried and true if some 1 is intrested in making just the top plemmum with a bracket for a q45 tb pm me ill get the rest sorted
maybe i can save a dollar because my money is funny thanks

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, you can cut the plenum off the stock upper intake so youre left with only intake runners. and just weld a plenum onto the runners and mount the TB on the front. its a very simple concept.

if you want just the pieces to do it, they are on ebay for like 200 bucks. it just needs to be welded together.