Intake Manifold

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
prsrcokr said:
Did anyone notice the mkIV spread in the latest issue if modified? It had a manifold setup very similiar to the stock 7m turbo. Looks like maybe they modified a N/A manifold but the guy was making some big numbers with the setup. I'm curious why he didn't use a front facing version from the turbo model.
Brian W-88T
Did it look like this..the lower is from a 7M.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1267173
Also that manifold has ACIS http://www.geocities.com/mwsupra2003/acis.html link from Jong's thread on SF.

Last edited:

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Hi guys, thanks for the compliments about the manifolds I make :) I appreciate it. I have made several other ones after these old pictures were taken. I now spend more time and grind the welds on the main plenum (pipe) and DA sand the whole thing prepping it for polishing. Any tb from stock, Q45, to a 100mm can be used. With or without cold start injector and Idle speed motor. I'll add more pictures of the last ones I made once I get them hosted(EDIT: pictures added). Both styles have been flowtested. The stock one flows a little bit more on the ends, 1 and 6, compared to 2,3,4 and 5. The ones I make flows almost evenly (each runner), like less than a couple cfms difference between the lowest and highest flowing runner. The stock one flows around 235 cfm average, my long runner style flows @ 285 cfm and the short runner @ over 300 cfm. I know the tests were also done the right way. Thanks!!
longrunner.jpg

m1.jpg

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Good guy in posting pics Ron ... > I simply suggest you not post any really DETAILED pics as you may get the manifold copied. You know me bud, as I am trying to look out for you. ;)
The manifold pics you had before should be posted. I may have a few of those instead.

Also > Take that TB off that manifold as it is mine :eek:

Check out my sig ;)

Duane

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
upgradedsupra said:
Good guy in posting pics Ron ... > I simply suggest you not post any really DETAILED pics as you may get the manifold copied. You know me bud, as I am trying to look out for you. ;)
The manifold pics you had before should be posted. I may have a few of those instead.

Check out my sig ;)

Duane
It's ok Duane, thanks for looking out. I think the pictures were taken before the I sold the tb ;)
What's up with your sig? :D
Anyways, the pictures are there for people deciding to make one on their own or to see what kind of work goes into these things and decide to have somebody else make it for them :) Ron

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ron: If shipping and import duty weren't such a factor there's no way in hell I would have made my own!

For anyone contemplating making one think twice then take a deep breath think again and buy one of Rons!

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
^ yea i think i agree LOL
i attempted to reverse the butterfly on a 2j tb i had
i totally gave up LOL

Ron... what would it cost for one of these... i'm gonna be finishing my build in a couple of weeks and would like to know what the price range is

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
you know, its very possible to reconfig the PS and alternator JZ-style. that might give some extra room.

i was planning on lowering the alternator right on top of the AC and getting a longer 4-rib serp belt and reconfiguring the AC tensioner pulley so that it pushes downward rahter than pull up. then i can run the AC and alt off the same belt. cool huh?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
upgradedsupra said:

Check out my sig ;)

Duane

duane whats up with the sig? to me its the other way around...ill swear by my life on the cometic...then again who knows what you are talking about ;)

Apr 1, 2005
WA
im interested in that short runner, vielside type looking one. what needs to be relocated to run that? i dont mind moving the battery or alternator but i must keep AC.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
The PS(7M) is not affected by any of these manifolds, just the alternator, battery, and ac compressor depending on which manifold. I want to make sure it's OK to post prices here or I'd rather have you guys send me a PM. :) Thanks! Ron

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
screaminglemon said:
im interested in that short runner, vielside type looking one. what needs to be relocated to run that? i dont mind moving the battery or alternator but i must keep AC.

The style you want moves the alternator into the ac compressor spot (for now, because of the bracket design) I haven't seriously looked into making another alternator bracket that will keep the AC comp. in place, but I will. The battery and obviously the alternator do have to be moved. Ron

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond

coinball

Mar 31, 2005
Raleigh, NC
JDMfantasy and martydaman1 make FFI's...i have one made by them. great price, great craftsmanship and excellent customer service.

the first one used a JDM 7M TB, which i sent back to have a new flange put on and now i'm using a 75mm 1UZ TB (4.0 V8)

p3985_1.jpg

p3985_2.jpg

p3985_3.jpg

these are old pics, none with the new TB on

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
i know you dont HAVE To move the PS. but i was just thinking... what if we DID move the PS so that it mimics the 1JZ setup. and then putting the alt down in the stock PS position.

anyone who has done a 1JZ swap can easily do this... hell, i may try to do this. its alot more costly and such, since you need to extend the wires for the alt, relocate the ps resivoir and make a custom PS line. in fact, i could probalby use a 2JZ PS pump. that would make things alot simpler too.