Not open for further replies.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
Boost Lee;1389749 said:
What?!? That new turbo of yours aint big!!! :biglaugh:
Ok, ok, so maybe I do have an extra gear on you,
But humor in all, I had the opportunity to take the car out today for the first time with the new setup.

LOL at 1st gear (Sounds like a Jet, but moving really slow. No boost).
:aigo: at 2nd gear (10PSI feels like 86PSI on a CT26) ;)

Hope I can hold it together for the Kyana Fall 09 meet and Indy 2K10!

Jeff

Video or it didnt happen lol

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Dragracing please.

9inch rearend and powerglide doesnt do well in corners.

Just a thought. Maybe plan early June. You know hotel prices go thru the roof since Indy 500 going on in May.

I still like the winged warrior event setup. Even though it didnt seem like it was as busy as the year before. 2007 there were way more cars there at winged warrior event. Maybe the weather and/or economy had something to do with it.

Plan a barbecue or something.

Also get those guys that did the dyno this year again. I like them. Seem to know whats going on. Plus the one guy used to be up here.

Rich

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
dragracer;1390188 said:
Dragracing please.

9inch rearend and powerglide doesnt do well in corners.

Just a thought. Maybe plan early June. You know hotel prices go thru the roof since Indy 500 going on in May.

I still like the winged warrior event setup. Even though it didnt seem like it was as busy as the year before. 2007 there were way more cars there at winged warrior event. Maybe the weather and/or economy had something to do with it.

Plan a barbecue or something.

Also get those guys that did the dyno this year again. I like them. Seem to know whats going on. Plus the one guy used to be up here.

Rich

yea we had a cook out at a park sunday after winged warrior... it wasnt anything big just the few people who stayed for sunday.... it was nice it wasnt hot and the park was beautiful... considering last year it was completely under water from the floods that hit central indy

CoopMK3

Who's the chick in my bed
Jan 12, 2009
Whiteland, Indiana
I agree with jeff why waste money for drag when majority are roll cars. But if we could get backed by some company to get some things covered for us like the dyno or a good location hell if we got a resturaunt who wants to have a car show outside to get buisness if they pay for something interesting for us hell go for it to do a little something i am all for it, no problem. I just hope this next meet isn't like 50degrees and cloudy like last time all of us getting wind burnt kinda sucked lol.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I agree.. Would love to road race But how many of us could pass Tech. inspections & be allowed to run? I wouldn't as my Supra sits now. Reading info on it in the previous link I posted is quite strict for obvious reasons.

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
I really don't see what's wrong with winged warrior event. This is amateur level event. Autocross and drag racing. Very basic tech.Yet for the past 2 yrs we went there, none I repeat none, zero, zilch supra participate in the event. I like to see one supra in there. Have one race car and everybody can be race crews. I know I cannot compete because it will be expensive tow when the car breakdown. I hope I did not weaken the spirit down but please keep it real. How many people think their car is setup for roadrace. I will predict none. Its look like the only thing we are good at is dyno. There are a lot of participation there. Less breakage although I managed to break my car there too.

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
zurud;1397156 said:
I really don't see what's wrong with winged warrior event. This is amateur level event. Autocross and drag racing. Very basic tech.Yet for the past 2 yrs we went there, none I repeat none, zero, zilch supra participate in the event. I like to see one supra in there. Have one race car and everybody can be race crews. I know I cannot compete because it will be expensive tow when the car breakdown. I hope I did not weaken the spirit down but please keep it real. How many people think their car is setup for roadrace. I will predict none. Its look like the only thing we are good at is dyno. There are a lot of participation there. Less breakage although I managed to break my car there too.

If it wasnt for the meets, I wouldnt go to WW. They tried to advertise on my site awhile back and I turned them down. Just for the fact that if your not in the autocross click or best buds with the people running the show, theres no way your car is getting in. Yeah, its a charity event, I run a relay for life team and theres plenty of local charity stuff I go to soley for it being for charity. I only come because its a supra meet.

Its a nice spot for a meet, but....
A. we have to pay to get in, not even a group discount
B. The only thing I actually watched was when they opened the 1/4 track to let spectators run. I would have been just as happy hanging out at a park or something.

Indy has all the potential of being as big or bigger than the chicago meets. Dont get me wrong, Jeff, you do an awesome job, I had a blast when I went.
I just think if you had more help you could do some marketing, get sponsors, etc.
You'd be surprised what people will do to get there company name out there. You wouldnt believe the sponsors we have for our car show and its MAYBE twice the turnout of a supra meet. Lucas oil gives us a shit ton of stuff, lots of companies give us cash or products to give away. Hell we even bought a busted up 1948 suburban and have done a complete off the frame restoration FOR FREE from places donating parts, services, etc.
www.relayforlifedreamteam.com

I think if you teamed up with a charity, it could be a national meet.
I'm by no means saying anything bad about the indy meets, there awesome for sure. Everybody keeps talking like they want it bigger, just giving some ideas. PM me if you want to tag team this bitch lol

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I kinda agree. We all pretty much stick with our group at WW, most of us checked out the RX7s but other than that we were basically just there to dyno.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
Quin;1398301 said:
I kinda agree. We all pretty much stick with our group at WW, most of us checked out the RX7s but other than that we were basically just there to dyno.

What RX-7s? I thought it was a rotary club, not a small block club :crazy1: (BTW because of that event i am officially sick of LS1/small block swaps into RX-7s)

Getting a huge group event going requires a huge amount of staff and money to get going, but once the ball gets rolling, it will be huge. If we could get some guys going into what's already given to us at WW it could be a better turnout and a whole lot more fun.

The track idea would also be good, but it would be harder to get groups like the ones at WW to come out so it could be made affordable. I'm still for the whole track day thing, but in order for it to be a good track day we need guys out on the track making it good.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Run your car down the track!!!

Why doesnt anyone drag their cars at these events? You dont have to run 10's to have fun racing.

If everyone is just going to show their car, then there is no need to have it at a track.

Who was the shop that ran the dyno this year? How big is their shop/parking lot? Definately use these guys again next year. They know what theyre doing. Maybe meet there and hang out, then go somewhere to eat and hang out.

It would be fun at the dragstrip, but if nobody is going to run their car down the track, then dont waste the money to secure it.

Any help needed Jeff just let me know. Will be glad to help out. ;)

Rich

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
dragracer;1400731 said:
Rumor has it that it's someones birthday today.

Who might that be? :sarcasm:

Happy Birthday!!!! :icon_bigg

Rich

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was one of the most memorable ones, for sure. :)

In regards to Chris' post about blowing up the Indy meet to a Sponsored/National level - It's going to take 2 things.
1 - Dedication. Not just from myself, but from the participants.
After all, there would be no meet without you guys.
2 - Helping hand(s). I wish I had more time to put-forth 100% commitment to organizing meets, but unfortunately, I lead a pretty busy life now-a-days.
I would love to share the satisfaction and leadership towards bettering the Indy meets and carrying it to the next level.

I've kept you guys out of the loop the last month or so, and I apologize.
I have been keeping contact on a regular basis with the owner of MVPTT.

I'd like to think it's only common sense that if we don't have participants/commitment, there would be no show.
Indy meets are a blast with you guys, and I have no regrets.
However, if I can't get a single Supra from our group to run down 1,320 feet of straight line, what backbone or leg do I have to stand on when MVPTT tells me we need 30-40 pre-paid/dedicated/committed drivers?

I'm keeping an open mind with this meet as we have plenty of time to plan.
Keep the opinions and thoughts coming - I'm glad to see we've got people ready and willing to make this a memorable meet.

Thanks,
Jeff

ben42391

Aug 20, 2009
Greenwood
Boost Lee;1401867 said:
Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was one of the most memorable ones, for sure. :)

In regards to Chris' post about blowing up the Indy meet to a Sponsored/National level - It's going to take 2 things.
1 - Dedication. Not just from myself, but from the participants.
After all, there would be no meet without you guys.
2 - Helping hand(s). I wish I had more time to put-forth 100% commitment to organizing meets, but unfortunately, I lead a pretty busy life now-a-days.
I would love to share the satisfaction and leadership towards bettering the Indy meets and carrying it to the next level.

I've kept you guys out of the loop the last month or so, and I apologize.
I have been keeping contact on a regular basis with the owner of MVPTT.

I'd like to think it's only common sense that if we don't have participants/commitment, there would be no show.
Indy meets are a blast with you guys, and I have no regrets.
However, if I can't get a single Supra from our group to run down 1,320 feet of straight line, what backbone or leg do I have to stand on when MVPTT tells me we need 30-40 pre-paid/dedicated/committed drivers?

I'm keeping an open mind with this meet as we have plenty of time to plan.
Keep the opinions and thoughts coming - I'm glad to see we've got people ready and willing to make this a memorable meet.

Thanks,
Jeff

Im definitely willing to help in anyway just tell me what I need to do:icon_bigg

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Btw, v8rx7club.com (or something like that) has an annual meet there, apparently. That's why they all have LS1 swaps. lol

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I know we are throwing ideas around, but really, the last two Indy meets at winged warrior were a success. You got 22-25 cars to show up, thats pretty damn good for a supra meet. I don't know why there were no sups racing this year, but last year an mkiii raced an mkiv. An mkiv did autocross, albeit they were not from our group. My point is, maybe you shouldn't change it too much. At WW, most of us walked around and checked out the other cars and watched some races. There were some vendors there, and a food booth. This year the dyno was there, so you could watch non-supras too. I like the variety of stuff to do and the chance to check out other road cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.