:::INDY 2009 MEET::: (Indy2K9)

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
Fuzz420;1241308 said:
Hell no.Ive done everything i feel comfortable with doing with the maft-pro. I believe my fuel pressure is way too high, cutting out a 14psi is FTL, thats when this turbo starts to wake up

Zurud- Did you ever get that boss 67mm?

I have not put it yet. When I tried to take my turbo out I notice some of the bolts are loose. When I tried to pull the exhaust manifold out, 5 of the struds are strip. Some of it already been helicoiled but it still come out. I am going to helicoil them next week. I notice I can squeeze stock accordian hose onto 3" turbo inlet. However on my boss turbo the hole for the turbo support top and bottom are not drilled. I tried to finish everything by next month. Why don't you let Dave tune the car for you? Fuel pressure is not related to fuel cut.

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
suprafanatic;1241857 said:
Fuzz... wow.. 50psi of fuel pressure??? thats a no no..lol It should be set to around 32psi. Go turn that pressure down, I can almost promise you fuel cut will go away :) If my fuel pressure goes over like 38-40psi I hit fuel cut pretty bad.

x2 I had the same prob, on the perfect tune for my car my fuel pressure was at 30psi, per daves tune

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
suprafanatic;1241857 said:
Fuzz... wow.. 50psi of fuel pressure??? thats a no no..lol It should be set to around 32psi. Go turn that pressure down, I can almost promise you fuel cut will go away :) If my fuel pressure goes over like 38-40psi I hit fuel cut pretty bad.

I went out lowered it, now its at 30psi VAC-off. Didnt hit fc until 15psi now. I didnt have time to compensate in the maftpro as there was way to many cars on the road to "stetch my legs." Also need to adjust the boost controller i dont think the gate is closing fast enough so spool seems delayed

zurud;1241864 said:
I have not put it yet. When I tried to take my turbo out I notice some of the bolts are loose. When I tried to pull the exhaust manifold out, 5 of the struds are strip. Some of it already been helicoiled but it still come out. I am going to helicoil them next week. I notice I can squeeze stock accordian hose onto 3" turbo inlet. However on my boss turbo the hole for the turbo support top and bottom are not drilled. I tried to finish everything by next month. Why don't you let Dave tune the car for you? Fuel pressure is not related to fuel cut.

Ouch sounds like you have your work cut out for you on something that should have just been plug n play. Zac offered to tune my car so i said ok :)

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
fuzz depending on what the tune is like on your maft-pro it might still be trying to add to much fuel. whats your air fuel ratio at WOT? Also have you tried going WOT in like 4th or 5th gear? try boosting in 5th gear and see if you will hit fuel cut at 14-15psi.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
It was really hard earlier watching the road, cars and trying to boost as i was breaking loose in third which had me nervous. But i seen some ten's when boost first came on but i got in the upper rpms i seen a 13 right before cut, and that was a 4th gear pull. I think i need to pull some fuel down low and add some up top, but i find out more later when i do some more pulls.

Yes im taking advantage of this warm weather :)

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
Fuzz420;1242203 said:
It was really hard earlier watching the road, cars and trying to boost as i was breaking loose in third which had me nervous. But i seen some ten's when boost first came on but i got in the upper rpms i seen a 13 right before cut, and that was a 4th gear pull. I think i need to pull some fuel down low and add some up top, but i find out more later when i do some more pulls.

Yes im taking advantage of this warm weather :)

please trust me and don't do anything untill i can tune it. your wideband is not linked to ur maftpro and there is no a/f tracking. if u mess with it too much u will fuck ur car up with a quickness. i would love to help u and get it tuned right so please just chill on it right now fuel cut means ur def rich so ur safe. if u can get it down her next weekend i can tune it and we can settle up later. pm me with what u think.

-Zac

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Fantastic news...

I cleared the whatever weekend this falls on w/ the wife.

Mi casa es su casa.

Anyone who wants to come party here all weekend is more than welcome. I've got 1 extra bed, a couch, a love seat, a futon, an air mattress, kitchen island, wooden bench, workbench, and a ton of floor place for people to sleep. Enough tools for minor jobs that pop up inevitably...

I'd love to see the culdesac PACKED w/ Supras.

Also, does ANYONE know of a Mint-ish mkI up here on teh Norfside? Seen it on 865, thing was clean as F*CK. I wanted to chase HER down and see if she wanted to sell it.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
So who would be interested in staying at my place on either Fri or Sat night?

Just curious how much food/beverages Id need to have on hand...

and lulz about Matt S. vs. Driveway... and Nick wont be here, so his bed will be available.

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
mkiiSupraMan18;1243382 said:
So who would be interested in staying at my place on either Fri or Sat night?

Just curious how much food/beverages Id need to have on hand...

and lulz about Matt S. vs. Driveway... and Nick wont be here, so his bed will be available.

Lulz, woot. Im pumped! So yea, nicks room, little to small huh?

Pwnt

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I've slept in his bed w/ him before. the side opens up and you can just let your legs hang out and support them w/ the chair in there, I'll show you the setup before you go to sleep.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ Who cares? He killed it! :biglaugh:

*edit*
so we're not making fun of his car, just him. So we're clear on that.

And, we're not laughing with him, but at him. ;)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
7 Pages deep and like, a whopping 6 posts within relation to the meet.

I'm going to start issuing bans if you newbs don't shut up.
That's right. I went there. :biglaugh:

Seriously though.

A reality factor for you's that haven't realized it yet...

The Indy meet is basically in 3 months.
Before you notice, it's going to fly by and get here in no time...
So, let's start thinking about things for the meet.

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
I deffinitly think that the brown county cruise would be great for scenic pictures.

As to the dates, im not one to complain whatever is more convenient for everyone else, ill schedule off whats good for everyone :)

Paintball would be fun, matt would you be able to get gear too as far as masks and such? I remember you saying guns but i dont think i have a mask anymore.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ Correct....

From IndianaImpreza
Short story, The Riley Cheer Guild is being sponsored by the Winged Warrior organization led by Dr. Kevin Butterfield for it's fifth year on May 9th, 2009 at O'Reilly Raceway Park. Yeah!

See: http://www.cheerguild.org and http://www.wingedwarrior.net for the glossy cover editions.

We are currently organizing all of the details, finer points, and et ceteras and I have been tasked to recruit volunteers to shag cones and/or work security, registration, bouncer if you're big enough.

I believe there were a few competitors from IIC at WWIV and while we would love to see as many of you racing as possible, the real benefit of volunteering your time and effort will be that the money collected from the entry fees will go directly towards the Riley Cheer Guild. I won't do the whole "starving kids in Africa" plea, but there are some sick kids that don't have much to go on and any way that we can help them out would be more than what they have.

As you know, we are limited to 100 participants but that does not mean you cannot make a difference! We would love to have as many attendees as possible this year, but more people = more for the kids = more work for us! So if you feel like volunteering, PM me or get with Brian. I'm not sure of the numbers that I will need just quite yet, so I won't take a stab in the dark.

I will update this thread as necessary when I get more information. The next WWV meeting will be on 12/20 so I should at least have some concrete required numbers.

Another way that you can donate to Riley is right here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/re...=3CEJICKWQ4WOQ

Would anyone be interested in shagging cones for the Auto-X event, if they are still needed...?

If I can get a gun, it will more than likely include a mask... If not, go to Wal-Mart and buy one for ~$15... It would probably be easier to go to the place in GnawBone and just rent the guns/masks/field... but if its like 5 or 6 of us who are going, I can do that no problem.

I have 2 guns, my bro has 3, my buddy has 1, nephew has 2 or 3, another buddy has one... So I can safely say I can get 8 guns.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Stuff happened last yr so I couldn't come, but I really want to come up for this. My new setup should be done and tweaked by then, so it shouldn't be a problem. I can prob bring a few other StL Supras w/ me depending on how fast they can get done.