:::INDY 2009 MEET::: (Indy2K9)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
This is the official intinerary thread for the Indy2k9 meet.

O'REILLY RACEWAY PARK - INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA

This isn't your typical "Supra mini-meet".
The environment is killer for any car enthusiast!
I'd love to have a wider range of generational mix this year
(Last year, there were only 4 MKIV's & ZERO MKII's)......
Mostly because there's A LOT of media coverage at the Winged Warrior events,
And being able to show off all our cars in style would just kill it. :)

Some of the basics:

Where: Indianapolis, IN
When: May 9th and 10th, 2009
Who: Supra owners/enthusiasts & anyone who wants to join the festivities.

****INITIAL GATHERING PLACE - KROGER PARKING LOT @ SOUTHER PLAZA OFF OF I-465 on EAST. ST (aka US 31 N).
MEET TIME: 8:00AM
DEPARTURE FOR O'REILLY RACEWAY PARK AT 9:00AM

BE READY OR GET DRUG! :)

Kroger:
4202 S East St, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 786-3304

DAY ONE
Saturday - May 9, 2009:

-Morning gathering (Location to be determined)
-Group together and head out to O'Reilly Raceway Park for Winged Warrior V.
-(IIRC, for $20), You'll get to make a couple passes down the track during the event.......again, all going to Riley Hospital for Children.
-Thanks to Jeff @ ModifiedAutoDesign, We will have a DynoDynamics portable dyno set up during the WW-V event!
Special pricing!!! $30 for 3 pulls! With available wideband/AFR! :)
-After spending most of day there, will head out for a nice dinner,
Followed by some "spirited" driving in the evening hours with tons of car enthusiasts on the Southside of Indy.

Note: This is Indy 500 Qualifying/Pole Day Weekend!!!!!!
Every year on this weekend, there are ALWAYS lots of exotics/nice cars out.
Come join the fun! :)

DAY TWO
Sunday - May 10, 2009:

-Afternoon gathering (Place undetermined at the moment)
-For you guys that are making a weekend trip out of the Indy meet,
We will be having a nice scenic cruise down to Brown County (South of Indianapolis and likely end up at a park for a nice BBQ).

***READ FURTHER IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE MORE INFORMED ON THE MEET***

In past meets, We've always had AT LEAST 25+ Supra's.
And all the while, that may not sound like a lot,
But when I say there were AT LEAST 50+ Supra owners...
Now it sounds like a party...........:)

If you didn't join us for last years Indy meet....
Check out this thread to get a feel for what you should be expecting. :)
-INDY2K8-

Here are a few things I'd like to take into consideration for the meet, or are already going to be happening:

- Joining the Winged Warrior Shootout for part of the day.
( Winged Warrior Performance Shootout )
- Fast Times Indoor Karting...Nuff said. ;)
( Fast Times Indoor Karting )
- The Cheesecake Factory.....Pricey, but is it delicious or what?
- Cruise to Brown County...(South of Indianapolis)...
Famous for "car cruises" with lots of scenic routes and great for pictures.
Could end it from there with a little BBQ at one of the parks.

I'm a one man show here....So don't hesitate to throw out some ideas for events since we'll be spreading out the meet over a two day period. :)

Also, Once *EVERYTHING* is set in stone, I'll start factoring in Hotel reservations/recommendations once we get a little bit closer to the meet!

And as always, If you have any questions,
Shoot me a PM or give me a call (317) 395-8362

:)

Jeff

Last edited:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
You know i'll be there!! haha.. I like the idea of the indoor go-carting.. somthing we havent done at a meet yet, and i think it would be pretty fun! Im also in for the cruise and BBQ :D
For those that weren't there last year, the Winged Worrir was alot of fun. I would recommend doing it agian. Its like a car show with drag racing and autocrossing. Its nice to be able to show off our supras along with being able to see abunch of other sweet cars. Im up for just about anything really.

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
WOOT, GET THAT DAMN SIGN!!!

Obviously im there...once again said last year, its in my backyard basically lol.

Im stoked...to much time in between! CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
I'll be there for sure! Last year was a great time! For those of you who have been to, or know what Truck Bash is; our meet joining with Winged Warrior was better than any truck bash ever, hands down. Tons of cars, lots of racing, small road coarse set up, car show etc. damn.. I'm with SuicideSuprA70.. Too much time till then and can't wait to see everyone!!
If it's on weekend of may 17th or 24th, I won't make it, but if Winged Warrior is that weekend, do it Ill just pass this year.
Now I just have to start busting ass on my Supra.. haven't even started on it and I only have approx 3 months if we're joining Winged Warrior!! SHIT!

-Josh

Last edited:

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
110 plus i need more methanol :/ idk where to get it?

Ill be doing some reconstruction on the interiour before the meet so, it should all look better then it does now and im excited :)

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Jeff, will this be a one day event again this year or are you thinking more?? Either way I plan on being there, go NA!

NA RULES!!!! :slap: ooops... NA rules, ya me.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Go to Rascals in Whiteland. Tell them you need a couple gallons of methanol and/or methanol mix.

.............Don't hydrolock your motor, Matt. :nono:

Scooter - I'm undecided. I know that being smack dab in the middle of MI/IL/OH/KY...
We're likely going to have some long distance attendee's...
And nothing sucks more than driving 3+ hours, hanging out, then driving back all in one day.
So, it's very possible that I just make it a two day event just so it can be a weekend worth while (Since I know several last year just made Indy a weekend trip).

Josh - Well I care about you enough that I'll be sure it doesn't lay on the 17th or 24th. ;)
How about the 16th or 23rd? :biglaugh:
No, I very well may make it a 2-day event so we don't have to rush everywhere from location to location.

Something like...

Day 1 - Meet together. Head to Winged Warrior for a bulk of the day. And finish with a nice restaurant dinner.
Day 2 - Mid-afternoon gathering. Parade to Dyno shop for 3-4 hours, then go on a scenic cruise to a spacious park where we can BBQ.

How's that sound, guys? :)

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
Boost Lee;1240935 said:
Go to Rascals in Whiteland. Tell them you need a couple gallons of methanol and/or methanol mix.

Why jeff what do you mean!? lol

Yea chris said he didnt think they had it...He worked there for a bit but ill call them.

Im excited!

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
May 23 & 24 would be awsome. I will be on vacation.

I like the 2 day event idea. Everything can be taken easy and no rush time table.

Boost Lee;1240935 said:

Scooter - I'm undecided. I know that being smack dab in the middle of MI/IL/OH/KY...
We're likely going to have some long distance attendee's...
And nothing sucks more than driving 3+ hours, hanging out, then driving back all in one day.
So, it's very possible that I just make it a two day event just so it can be a weekend worth while (Since I know several last year just made Indy a weekend trip).

Josh - Well I care about you enough that I'll be sure it doesn't lay on the 17th or 24th. ;)
How about the 16th or 23rd? :biglaugh:
No, I very well may make it a 2-day event so we don't have to rush everywhere from location to location.

Something like...

Day 1 - Meet together. Head to Winged Warrior for a bulk of the day. And finish with a nice restaurant dinner.
Day 2 - Mid-afternoon gathering. Parade to Dyno shop for 3-4 hours, then go on a scenic cruise to a spacious park where we can BBQ.

How's that sound, guys? :)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
If we go to BC for a cruise...

could swing by the grandparents farm for some paintball mayhem?

I can get a hold of quite a few guns for people to use... or there is a paintball place down near BC... just another idea.

Hopefully I have the mkII going for this... so I can whip up on Matt's weakass car. :sarcasm:

*edit*
Anyone who is traveling can stay at my place over night... maybe I can send the wife back to her 'rents and party at my place the whole weekend...? Pending spousal approval, obviously. Just off of 65 on teh norff side. <20mins from the track...

I effin hate work computers... btw.