Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
^ Really

iron-maiden-albums-various-picture2293-facepalm.jpg

sorry I had to

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't get what the face palm is for. I am asking a question. If people upgrade the pads and it improves braking on the stock rotor, why wouldn't the Brembo Evo 9 rear calipers using EBC Pads with the STI larger rear rotor NOT be an improvement?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
NashMan;1798849 said:
hummmmm one last question, I know the hps plus dusted really bad and they made shit load of noise on my buddies bimmer in traffic he change them out because of this....... but they did stop really well when they heated up.

does the yellows stuff fall into this bracket of issues?
They don't seem to be overly dusty but they're not dustless not by a long shot, not noisy at all they're heavily chamfered so don't dig the leading edges in and if you run brake quiet or the sticky pads they shouldn't rub/squeak.

IBoughtASupra;1798851 said:
So Ian would you think the EBC pads with Brembo rear calipers and STI rotor retrofit would be even better than just using the EBC pads alone?
Dunno Andy, a lot will depend on the F/R bias, are the STI rotors vented?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well of cores upgraded oem will improve but nothing beat's a more meaty rotor with more service area aka mulity piston caliper (stock one big piston cailpers make your pads look like banana's )

I remember way back when dr jonze was around he did the mk4 rear brake up grade and never put a prop vavle in and liked it alot

and the brembo sti upgrade is about the same stopping power I think's

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
NashMan;1798849 said:
hummmmm one last question, I know the hps plus dusted really bad and they made shit load of noise on my buddies bimmer in traffic he change them out because of this....... but they did stop really well when they heated up.

does the yellows stuff fall into this bracket of issues?

Yeah they dust alot. I notice the dust after just a few miles of hard driving. I don't mind it, personally.

They only squeak on my car right after I run them hard, other than that they don't.

How well rotor/caliper upgrades do on any given car is really on a case by case basis. Once you start upgrading parts, changing tire widths, swapping out for lighter stuff/stripping weight out you're changing your brake bias needs compared to other cars even if they are the same make/model. When I was running stock pads on the front I had problems with the rear brakes locking up before the front. It was kind of scary. This was because of the weight I removed from the rear. Since I upgraded the front pads and took more weight off the front end the brakes are balanced out and the fronts will lock up first now.

A bias adjuster is the easiest way to do this, of course.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
If anyone is considering Red Stuff EBC's i have them on my car, Cobra front and oem rear, They like some heat before they bite.

First high speed stops when there cold take noticeable extra pedal effort. Once there hot they bite hard though.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
NashMan;1798720 said:
I am going to poke this with stick I hope you don't mind, nascars don't really use there brake's much mostly gearing besides coming to a stop and ALMS/nsacar all use diffent type's of slotting this is the j hook type but other teams run different typs of slotting some may not going to google all the teams cars

I read this and had to poke back. Apparently you don't watch NASCAR very carefully. (I'm not saying I like NASCAR, but I've seen a race or two) Coming into the turns you can easily see the rotors glowing bright red and sparks flying off of them. They use their brakes.