I'm thinking about putting a 2jz in a delorean.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Most people would say that, but my car runs well at the moment, so there's no need.

When it goes south, that's probably what I'll do.

I talked to the guy and he wants 3500 for it. Wayyyyyy too much for basically a body and nothing else.

Oh well, could've been cool.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
alloyguitar;1213818 said:
Most people would say that, but my car runs well at the moment, so there's no need.

When it goes south, that's probably what I'll do.

I talked to the guy and he wants 3500 for it. Wayyyyyy too much for basically a body and nothing else.

Oh well, could've been cool.

I have to agree with that assessment... you mentioned earlier that the structural intergrity of the stainless steel chassis has been compromised due to the fire. So it's not even a chassis... who that guy's trying to fool to get 3500 for it... I don't know.

Maybe $350, but that's a stretch.

It would have been damn cool to do though,

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Poodles;1218296 said:
Body panels alone are worth that much... It's a delorean...

Well, I was hoping that he'd realize that there isn't much demand for the whole car, since it was in such bad shape that nobody could restore it.

...and yeah, a dented fender is worth like 600 bucks from one...which is insane.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
alloyguitar;1218302 said:
Well, I was hoping that he'd realize that there isn't much demand for the whole car, since it was in such bad shape that nobody could restore it.

...and yeah, a dented fender is worth like 600 bucks from one...which is insane.

It's a very, very rare car made by a very short-lived company.

3500 seems a little high, but not outrageous. Running DMC-12's sell for 15k at least...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's worth what some stooge will pay for it...... :nono:

Look at what idiots pay for a rusty floor pan that they will restore to concours condition....

(never understood this as they're all just cars to me, a bit like people that are fanatical about Mk3's it's just a car)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
A good running and straight bodied delorean goes for ~$20K last I checked. (prices would have gone down recently just like all cars).

I know it's crappy, but you can't do simple bodywork on one, and the bodypanels aren't cheap...

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
There are very few cars that do....but I'd say the Delorean begs for a quality wankel-rotary engine.

as far as projects go I'd say keep looking. all those interior parts you need with cost you a fortune.

Last edited:

brad horton

Oct 20, 2008
Alabama
wow i think you guys are way high on the price of these cars, a guy up the street from me had one all numbers matching in good shape(need carpet) but ran as good as a delorean can. When he died his wife sold it for $8,500.