I'm thinking about putting a 2jz in a delorean.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I know, half of you are thinking "he's stupid," and the other have are thinking "where the hell are you going to get a delorean?!"

Well, here ya go. Meet the fire damaged DeLorean that I'm considering purchasing:

p1213004_1.jpg

p1213004_2.jpg

p1213004_3.jpg

Obviously they're mid-engine, so some sort of rear axle would have to be swapped under it, at which point I'd end up with a mid-engine 2jz car.

The reason I'm considering going this route is because there's not much else that can be done with the car, considering the condition of it and how hard parts would be to source.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Lol, that was the response I was hoping for.

I'm going to talk to whoever I can find where it's sitting tomorrow and see what I can dig up.

...I'm seriously doubting many people will want it, since so much is messed up on it, but I think it would be perfect for my application.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I just saw it tonight and haven't had the opportunity to talk to the owner.

I did, however, talk to a few guys on a delorean forum and they said that the structural integrity of the car is compromised due to the fire, so it would probably end up being a tube frame.

Sounds like a ton of work, but I think it'd be pretty neat. Plus, you'd never see another one.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
YAY!

That just means that I'm not crazy.

lol.

Of course, he mounted his behind the rear axle. I don't really like that configuration, given the weight. I'd probably just cram it in the middle somewhere, or possibly in the trunk (the hood on a supra) and have a true front-engine, rear wheel drive car.

...plus, they weigh like 2800lbs at factory trim.