I'm at a crossroads, what should i do?

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
well i have been away from this thread for awhile. i blew a HG on my supra about a month ago. great timing i know! i have been searching for a storage unit to work on it at since i have no garage. since it needs a new HG and i am doing rod bearings while i am doing it, i am prob keeping the 7m in it and throwing on maft pro. putting my 2j in a sc more than likely. we'll see what happens though. first of the year i should know more.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
ouch... why not just sit and wait till you have the money to put in the jz?

Thanks what I'm doing. I blew another hg on my 7m, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I sold everything on my 7m. With that money, I bought a $900 1986 civic dx hatch. The rest of the money is dedicated to getting the parts for a jz swap. It will take a long time, but it's ok, my civic gets good gas mileage! ;)

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
DONT BETRAY THE SUPRAAA , i went through a lot with mine but kept on believing in it and you should believe in yours and do the 2j that would nutz!

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
im not betraying my car. i might still keep it depending on funds. its just that i have wanted an SC for a long time. if i am gonna drop alota money into a car, i think i would rather do it to an SC. i still love my supra thats why i am having trouble deciding. everything i put down on paper, in the end the SC is gonna have a higher re-sale. i dont really make that much money, thats why its taken me soo long to even start on the swap. so i have to look at the whole picture. but, like i said i will "hopefully" know more in the next week or so.

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
brian you should of came by my shop and check out my swap, you wouldnt of changed your mind about putting your 2jz into your mk3. but the soarer's are nice and it will be very easy if you get the right motor, just ask Gildberjj.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Turbo 7M said:
brian you should of came by my shop and check out my swap, you wouldnt of changed your mind about putting your 2jz into your mk3. but the soarer's are nice and it will be very easy if you get the right motor, just ask Gildberjj.

so true! Moe's build is UBER clean! moe, I don't think I'll be going with a 2jz anymore! I've found a shop that is getting a 1jz supra front clip in march. I think I'll just pick that up, and maybe going 1.5jz later. Who knows. Also... I found some local usdm twin turbos for a real good price. PM me for more details. If you are keeping those twins, you should upgrade to the steel turbines. They have 100k miles, but never smoked, and they are only asking for $200.

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
yeah i wanted to come check out your motor before i left but i was on leave. when you get back i will. if i am still statioined here that is. i still havent made up my mind yet though. i need get a storage unit first though.

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
yes well when i come back for R&R leave ill let you know and mabye i can come and check out your swap, and help you out with which car you decide to put it in.