If money was NO object, what would you do to your Supra?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
With an unlimited budget, what would you do to your Supra?

I'm thinking I'd want the ultimate street monster, with the fastest spool possible but still massive top end power and traction. Maybe:

- 345/30/18 BF Goodrich drag radials (I actually have room for these:evil2:)
- 3.4L fully built, stroked, cammed, ported 2JZ with a GT35R or GT40R
- The BIGGEST shot of nitrous and fuel possible, to make up for the smaller faster spooling turbo
- Motec managing everything + traction control, meth spray, nitrous
- V160 built 6 speed
- A Torsen diff that could handle it!
- All poly bushings
- 14" & 13" ARZ Brakes
- Rebuild everything left OEM, i.e. suspension, steering, new glass, whatever is still available from Toyota, ALL NEW!

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I would do almost EXACTLY what supraholics (Manny, I believe) is doing. :love:

Ever since I started my obsession with these cars I have wanted to take one and rebuild from the ground up. His current project is giving me a yardstick to measure my future mkIII success with. :)

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Step one, custom widebody similar to Tekdeus. Next, fully built 700 RWHP twin turbo 2JZ motor with either an automatic tranny and paddle shifters and standalone ECU. Add LED lights like Tekdeus. Make the perfect set of flushmounts. 275x17's in the front and 335x17's in the rear. Full custom interior. Big brake kit all around. Full suspension setup (minus the roll cage). And shaved moldings. That pretty much sums my ideal MKIII up.

Adam

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Just keeping it simple:

- strip the car bare, pull the engine, for full bodywork and paint
- front and rear big brakes, coilovers
- new dash, carpet, reupholstered Recaro seats/interior in black suede
- all new parts, transmission
- new, built to stock specs 2JZ-GTE
- all necessary parts for a completely street legal, bar approved, stock 2JZ-GTE swap into the A70 chassis

Done forever.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd have the th350 installed with an overdrive. http://www.drivetrain.com/new_overd...spdauto.html#Final Drive TH350 3-Speed Automa
I'd have my whale tail, and rear skirts installed and then resprayed. I would take my car to the best targa seals replacement shop in the world. I have the most annoying little drip when I wash my car...........:nono:

I have lots more I'm sure I would do, but the main thing would be to get my boost leak fixed and if you haven't read my thread then you don't know what I've gone through so don't be judging.........:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Doward;1183197 said:
Pretty much exactly what I'm doing now - only much quicker (not having to save the pennies to play with it ;))

Do you have a build thread that I've missed?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What would it transform into? See if they'll give you a two for one deal. I'd like to have a transformer as well.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
suprahero;1183205 said:
Do you have a build thread that I've missed?

I've had a couple of them, but I've had to work on the car so sporadically, I've given up.

Instead, I'm going to put a big 'build DONE' thread when it is finished, and the transformation of the Supra :D

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'd drop in a 3.4L 2JZ-GTE, on stock twins, BPU'd, nothing crazy, R154, dropped about an inch..

For the interior, black and blue suede...

In addition to what I have now for the exterior, I'd want an S2 widebody kit, S2 front air guide, another Shine auto type 1 lip (mine has seen too many parking blocks), bronze Volk TE37's, and a little tree air freshener...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Finish it, then videotape me burning it, post it on youtube, then post it here and watch all you fuckers squirm while I watch through your webcams that my unending amounts of money allowed me to hack.

Take that.

Then to add insult to injury, I'd pee on it.