I need some thoughts

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
I am looking into building a chumpcar ($500 or less racecar).

What I'm wondering is everyone thoughts on this setup...

this is how you determine if the car is a $500 car

If i took an 88supra and put a 2jzge and run it off the 7m harness. I remove everything that isn't needed in it as a racecar (except tail lights and head lights as this is a 24hour race)

Finish building your ChumpCar and, when it's 100% complete, wheel the car out
in front of your home. Jack the car up and set the car on cinder-blocks, or a stack
of 2x4's, just so the car is off the ground. Take the wheels off of the car (they’re
exempt from the value); take off the brakes (also exempt); remove the seat &
harness (exempt); and, remove the roll cage (exempt). Put a "Make Offer" sign
on the car.

My question is do you think this would be a $500 car to them?

If not what do you think the value would be (anything up to $2000 is just a lap penalty and really I'm just looking to have fun.)

I'm not interested in running the 7m as I'm halfway through my swap and just wanna put the stock 2jzge in and run it.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
roundfinger;1521086 said:
you'd probably be in the 500-900 range i would think. Course pics of the body and engine that will be used would help us figure out a better range. Sounds like itll be fun no matter what.

yeah it does thats why I'm interested but i really wanna run the supra...not taking into account the paint as that is also an open thing...I also get to spend twice the cost of OEM equipment on stuff like breaks tires and wheels (which being a supra give me a quite a bit of playing room as thats oem from the dealer)