I hate drunk drivers!

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
What will really piss you off is if you knew how many previous DUI's that person has had. When I worked as a Corrections Officer, I noted a lady that had been charged with 9 DUI's in the past. Thanks to our judicial system, she had only been convicted of two, which doesn't amount to much time in jail. If the bleeding hearts would've held her accountable for the other 7, she would've been incarcerated for around 10 years.

Not long after I hit the road, I was dispatched to an accident. A lady had run into the back of a SUV that was stopped at a stop sign. She hit the SUV between 60 and 70mph. When I got out of the car, a group of people were waving me into a field. I noticed a deceased person lying on the ground with unrecognizable features. The SUV was hit so hard it rolled, ejecting the driver before rolling over the top of her.

The driver of the other vehicle was the lady I had dealt with at the jail. She was drunk. It's too late now, but I hope she never gets out of prison.

Drunk driving is on the top of my, 'You make me fucking sick' list.

Kai, I hope your friend pulls through.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Kai, my thoughts go out to you and your friend and all her loved ones. Good to know she's pulled through at least this far.

Dunckel;1486339 said:
Drunk driving is on the top of my, 'You make me fucking sick' list.

That might be the most accurate description of how I feel about the subject. I'm going to start using that. Simply saying I hate drunk drivers doesn't have the same effect.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Kai, sorry to hear about this. This should never happen to anyone, and no one deserves this. Also when people say she is in their prayers it can mean were hoping she recovers, not that we're praying to God about it, just saying.

Last edited:

chrismoffatt

Jan 8, 2010
arizona
Kai;1488690 said:
I learned that the asswipe who was drunk, that cleaved her car in two and nearly killed her GOT OFF WITH A F*CKING TICKET.

What kind of RETARDED crap is that?!

i dont even know what to say to that my mind in blank

hope she gets better. if she fought thru cancer she will fight thru this. keep us with an update

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
She emailed me herself today (iPhone), but has no recollection of who i am. Nothing. She's remembering who specific people are (like her sister) but doesn't know where she's worked, who her friends are...i'm hoping this will come back to her, but i think i'm going to have to rebuild everything from scratch.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lewis15498;1489581 said:
Memories often return later, when smells sights and what not trigger them. Hopefully they will start to come back when she gets out of the hospital. Also glad to hear she is out of the coma!

Yep! I knew if she beat cancer, she would beat this! Good to hear all is turning around.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Kai;1489576 said:
She emailed me herself today (iPhone), but has no recollection of who i am. Nothing. She's remembering who specific people are (like her sister) but doesn't know where she's worked, who her friends are...i'm hoping this will come back to her, but i think i'm going to have to rebuild everything from scratch.

lewis15498;1489581 said:
Memories often return later, when smells sights and what not trigger them. Hopefully they will start to come back when she gets out of the hospital. Also glad to hear she is out of the coma!

I've been through it. (Also caused by a drunk driver...) Things come back to you over time. Getting out of the hospital will help. When you start being surrounded by stuff you are used to, you start remembering.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Kai, I had a cousin who was in a coma for a while (I think just shy of two weeks) after a climbing accident. She couldn't remember anything for weeks, but then started to get everything back. As far as I know, now she only has a blank spot just before the accident.

Obviously I'm no doctor and don't know jack shit, but Mike's story and my cousin's would lead me to believe memory loss is common right after something this physically traumatic.

Hope she makes a full recovery, Kai. Keep us updated.

-Andy

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Kai;1489598 said:
You had ST memory loss as well? How long did it take for things to come back, and did you lose anything permanently?

It took a long time. The bulk came back within the first few months - little bits came back over the next few years. I lost a bunch permanently - most of my childhood. I can't remember more than a few minutes of everything before I was about 12 years old or so.

Grab me in FlashChat one night and we can talk about it more.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1489674 said:
It took a long time. The bulk came back within the first few months - little bits came back over the next few years. I lost a bunch permanently - most of my childhood. I can't remember more than a few minutes of everything before I was about 12 years old or so.

Grab me in FlashChat one night and we can talk about it more.

That's called being old...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: I kid, I kid.