I hate drunk drivers!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Today was not a good day for me. I got an email from the sister of a close friend of mine, to tell me that she'd been involved in a serious car accident, and is currently on a life support machine in a coma.

Her car was driving across an intersection when a DRUNK DRIVER in a pickup truck T-boned her and slammed her into another car.

Doctors don't know if she'll make it through the night and she may have more internal bleeding. I'm not entirely sure how to feel right now - i'm angry, upset, i can't help do anything, i'd like to pull the asshole that did this into a dark alley and kick the living shit out of him.

This girl JUST got over fucking CANCER! Literally, had a tumour removed from her brain 4 weeks ago, and was on the way to recovery when this shit happens.

I know this is kind of a rant, but i really, REALLY don't know what to do, or to say to her family :(

Lovesick Siren

Ice Princess
Sep 30, 2005
Georgia
www.myspace.com
. . . :( I can't believe this. All the struggle and the will to survive that's involved in beating cancer, and she gets her second chance taken away by this piece of shit?

I hope he burns. In every way possible.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
tower_of_ego;1484476 said:
. . . :( I can't believe this. All the struggle and the will to survive that's involved in beating cancer, and she gets her second chance taken away by this piece of shit?

I don't even know what could be added tot hat...

my thoughts/prayers go out to her and her friends and family.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wow, if she has beaten cancer, then I know she has the will to beat this! As neo has said, don't do anything stupid, I just hope the law brings this prick to justice.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, drunk drivers are retarded. People sometimes ask me why I never drink, and I just look at drunk people and wonder why they do drink.

It sucks how in movies they joke about driving drunk , which will help some people feel better about doing it.

Best of luck to your friend.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, there really are only 2 options.
1. Find the guy and kick the crap out of him.
2. Forgive him.

I know it sounds callous and uncaring, but there is solid logic behind option #2.

A wise old man once told me that forgiveness isn't for the offender... it's for you. Think about it... years later, if you never forgive him, it will still be eating away at you, making you miserable, forcing you to hate him for what he did. On the other hand, how much sleep do you think he will have lost over the years worrying about you? None... he doesn't even know you exist!

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
Pretty much all you can do is hope and pray. I'll pray for her man. This right here just makes me want to beat the shit out of my buddy Frank. You know the one who just recently drove drunk and wrecked his supra.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
GrimJack;1484627 said:
Well, there really are only 2 options.
1. Find the guy and kick the crap out of him.
2. Forgive him.

I know it sounds callous and uncaring, but there is solid logic behind option #2.

A wise old man once told me that forgiveness isn't for the offender... it's for you. Think about it... years later, if you never forgive him, it will still be eating away at you, making you miserable, forcing you to hate him for what he did. On the other hand, how much sleep do you think he will have lost over the years worrying about you? None... he doesn't even know you exist!

sounds crazy right now but you will be in a better place down the road. The drunk driver will have the rest of his life to deal with his conscious and I can promise you he WILL. Ive been in your shoes with my loved one passing away. Nothing the courts do will justify what happened. The healing didn't begin for me until i finally forgave the guy.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
She's out of the coma, but only technically - she's sleeping near 24 hours a day due to the pain medication. She's still in critical condition in ICU - doctors are saying it's still a toss up and can't give any predictions.