How strong are the stock internals of the 1jz (in pictures)

ivboost

Feb 7, 2008
Brisbane
topgear;1150183 said:
how strong is the stock automatic transmission on soarer gt (1jz engine)
can it handle 500rwhp ?

A a340e transmission from a Toyota Soarer (JZZ30 1jzgte) will hold 370rwhp with a shift kit fitted.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1152319 said:
Most of the japan people dont do routine maintenance because their strict smog laws decommission most engines 50,000km for sure by 100,000km. Some of them figure it will be some poor americans future problem down the road and dont bother unless your lucky to get an engine from a guy who did care.

We are actually the lucky ones my brother runs with a honda setup for daily and I couldnt tell you how many times they try and pass off sludged ZCs.

just out of curiosity what is that 100,000km silver sticker thats on many jdm motors? Does that mean the motor has hit 100k miles? or?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i was thinking its a service sticker, but mine had that and the timing belt had never been changed from the factory, so maybe it is that dylan

on another note, i have a chaser motor in my car, when i tore it down, it had no sludge in it at all. Maybe just wasnt dogged on as hard being from a chaser

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Bigzavs;1153412 said:
i was thinking its a service stick, but mine had that and the timing belt had never been changed from the factor, so maybe it is that dylan

on another note, i have a chaser motor in my car, when i tore it down, it had no sludge in it at all. Maybe just wasnt dogged on as hard being from a chaser

hmm, talk more on this later.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Most of the japan people dont do routine maintenance because their strict smog laws decommission most engines 50,000km for sure by 100,000km. Some of them figure it will be some poor americans future problem down the road and dont bother unless your lucky to get an engine from a guy who did care.

:dunno::umno:

Where do you come up with this?

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
reminds me of my 2JZ.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

this won't be happening to my 1jz though

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Yeah someone lied to you. Thats like a urban myth. Im the manager at Jhot and we import around 100 engines every 4-5 weeks between both locations. The engines range from 30-200k kilometers. Jarco is actually closing down because you have to have a licensed recycler dismantle your cars for export.

We are actually the lucky ones my brother runs with a honda setup for daily and I couldnt tell you how many times they try and pass off sludged ZCs.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
So what did it sound like when you said rod knock?
Mine is making a sound too when it warms up on cylinder one. One of the guy says its a shim but I think its worst. Sound can only be heard when and after the car has warmed up.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know of too many people that have removed a jz motor for the 7m, but I know a lot of people that have did the opposite...........:icon_bigg

As far as I know, they haven't built a bullet proof engine yet.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprahero;1154134 said:
I don't know of too many people that have removed a jz motor for the 7m, but I know a lot of people that have did the opposite...........:icon_bigg

As far as I know, they haven't built a bullet proof engine yet.

Just so you know, I wouldn't really do that.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There are a few die hard fans out there that might though. I'm not knocking them. Too each their own. I happen to like the jz's though.

Py7h0n

Jun 1, 2008
Auckland
Putting a engine in without cracking it open and inspecting things is your problem!

Get your other 1JZ bathed, checked, rebuilt and you will have many years of good motoring.

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Datsrboi;1153978 said:
So what did it sound like when you said rod knock?
Mine is making a sound too when it warms up on cylinder one. One of the guy says its a shim but I think its worst. Sound can only be heard when and after the car has warmed up.

Well ,Diagnosing Engine Noises is not my expertise so first I asked my budy (Toyota Master Technician) ti asked my buddy for his opinion ,he said that it sounds like a RodKnock and that I should get the car on the Lift ,dust out the stethoscope and get busy:) I did not do it for a while ,because I refused to believe that a super clean JDM front Sump 1JZ would have a RK ,but one day i found my stethoscope and confirmed that the noise was probably a rod knock...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprahero;1154165 said:
There are a few die hard fans out there that might though. I'm not knocking them. Too each their own. I happen to like the jz's though.

I understand. I think you are old too, so you can certainly relate.

I let some friends with a 5.0 Mustang drive my W58 7MGE Supra. Running as they are supposed to run. Despite the mid to high 15 quarter mile stock times, they really liked the upper rpm pull. Watching that tach zing past your normal shift point is fun. It is all relative.

The first time on even a 600 crotch rocket(and 12,000 PRM) might make somebody never want a car again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I don't see why you guys don't drop a 1JZ in a Celica Supra or something real light. A certain somebody mentioned that one some time ago, and I haven't seen it yet. I saw a 2JZ at SILV.