How old were you when you got your first Supra?

Icy Supra

Apr 1, 2008
Vogar/Iceland
I was 19 when I got my first Supra, it was a MKII, loved it, I did have trouble with it though, I had to re build the motor, I did learn a great deal about doing engine work then. :icon_bigg

Pic of my first Supra:
2904486_2_full.jpg

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I've driven a supra since 16. It was my sisters. Wouldn't let me drive it too much. I finally got tired of driving my moms van. 1990 AT NA Targa. It wasn't fast enough. I went MT 1JZ. Learned a lot from this car! Still have it and hope to keep it like that!

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
19, 89 hardtop 5 speed, bought it from a friends brother.
3 months after owning it owned me with the fuel pump wire shorting out.
fixed it 6 months later. the the galley filled up with oil replaced the valve
cover gaskets.

no problems since, now it has minor RK.
And will be turbo soon.

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
i guess it all depends how much you trust your kids. i'm glad my parents didn't pay an instructor to teach me. in fact, i didn't even really take any classes when i got my license by age 16. I did get my Mk3 and 93 Camry for free though. However, I did pay for my own mk4.

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
18, Saved from the crusher at a local junkyard. I bought it with a BHG NA motor and a blown auto tranny with no interior, It was my first car. Since then I've dumped tons of blood and sweat (and some money) into it to make it a reliable Turbo 5spd Daily Driver with bolt-ons. I hope to keep this car as long as I can.

Shawn

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
I got my first "Celica Supra" when I was 15 from my brother inlaw for $500. It was the N/A 2.8Lt IL6, Auto Trans.. Heavy and slow... but in very very nice shape...it had like two rust spots on the back and the inside was mint...I sold it because it needed a little motor work and I didnt have the money and my Dad sold me his truck...I bought my current car fall of last of last year and picked it up from my uncles race shop in Alabama in may. check out the pictures on my profile!

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
Let me think (I'm old so be patient!!). . . I've owned it for 16 years . . .

(Old enough to know better) - 16 years = "Old".

OK, so I was "Old" when I bought it . . .

Not as old as Ian -- I think there are hills younger than him -- !

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
I got my first, and current supra at 16 which i still am now. I get it delivered to the garage i work at tomorrow morning and im soo excited. Its a 1987 Supra N/A MT. I would definitely go turbo, but insurance is bad enough on the N/A! When i went to go look at the car before i bought it, it was in near mint shape with 198,000Kms on the odo. Its been rustproofed every year since new and is part of the original owners family still, until i take it over tomorrow. At first glance it's a really nice car, that could use paint on the hood due to recent sanding and priming. But even that didnt catch my attention. As soon as the seller let me start it up and take it for a test drive, THAT's when i got diagnosed with the "Nothingbutasupra" disease. When i got it out on a industrial road and he said "open it up a bit", its was music to my ears. I love that car and will barely sleep tonight thinking that 13 hours from now the supra will be mine!

I'm in full support of all you supra enthusiasts out there and encourage you on keeping them for as long as you can!

Thx :)